News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Stage fright=OMG!!!!! Now with improved awesome sound!!!!!!

Started by jimilee, July 02, 2013, 05:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

So then check out the audio I embedded and you'll beg Brian to let you drive to his house to pick one up!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

RobA

So, it does 50's Sci Fi soundtrack noises too? OK, you convinced me -- order placed.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

jimilee

Quote from: RobA on July 03, 2013, 01:51:31 AM
So, it does 50's Sci Fi soundtrack noises too? OK, you convinced me -- order placed.
;D Best part
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

juansolo

Stack it as follows: ZPSDX > SF > Rub-A-Dub. Just awesomeness. Fuzz on the front of that and it goes insta-spacerock. Funnily enough, I might just be making that bad boy in one box at some point.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

jimilee

Quote from: juansolo on July 03, 2013, 05:14:03 PM
Stack it as follows: ZPSDX > SF > Rub-A-Dub. Just awesomeness. Fuzz on the front of that and it goes insta-spacerock. Funnily enough, I might just be making that bad boy in one box at some point.
Started thinking about a rub a dub for my bass, any opinions on that? I know it sounds odd but I haven't built one of those yet.

pickdropper

John, is yours build stock or did you play around with components values?
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

juansolo

Good question, I did it a while back, give me a mo to call my memory up and confirm...

EDIT: He's getting as bad as me, but he's also convinced we built that one stock. I know we've buggered about with a few builds of late, but that one we left alone.

Quote from: jimilee on July 03, 2013, 06:13:49 PM
Started thinking about a rub a dub for my bass, any opinions on that? I know it sounds odd but I haven't built one of those yet.

RaD is awesome. Worth building regardless. Best spring style reverb in a box IMO (for more ambientness, go with Grind's Tenebrion).
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

bigmufffuzzwizz

Jimi that sounds awesome! I knew I needed one but now I have to get it. Worth putting in front of all the other projects and right onto my pedal board!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

LaceSensor

pedalman

I mod cheap guitars because my local music store said not to.

jimilee

RobA

Finished up soldering last night. Thanks for the push to order this one Jimi. I do like it. I ended up leaving the alternate (Univibe set) caps in. It's a sweet mellow phase shifter this way.

I was all set to do board mounted everything and had the perfect 125b box picked out to put it in. But, when I was gathering parts, I see these two little pads marked "CV". So, I rip through the build doc looking for the relevant section and finding it I say to myself "whoa!" So, ignoring the doc's advice, I put an SPDT in there with the other leg waiting for some alternate CV control and every other connection is now off board wired because I figure it's going to end up in some other box with, at the very least, a CV input and some circuitry to adapt standard CV levels to match the board. This is very cool! Time to play with some alternative LFO's just to start.

Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

kothoma

RobA

Quote from: kothoma on July 14, 2013, 12:39:21 PM
Throw in an envelope detector...
Yes, I think so. I wrote this AU http://musicunfolding.com/ottovibe.html a while ago and it's one of my favorite effects to use with guitar on the computer. I think I'd like to figure out how to do this using the StageFright as the modulation target now. It should be reasonably easy to do too. This CV port is going to be very slick, I think.