News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Party like it's 2001...

Started by soldersqueeze, July 04, 2013, 07:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soldersqueeze

... because nu metal is still awesome as hell.

I was lucky enough to pick up one of chi-boy's T-Wrex board before they were made extinct. Seeing as no one seemed particularly impressed with the "cream boost" section I decided to leave it off entirely, so here's the one channel version of this pedal-

This is to my ears the best high gain DIY pedal I've built, the EQ is really responsive and covers a wide array of Nu-Metal tones. The gain can take you all the way from Mudvayne to Limp Bizkit, with everything in between. With the mids and treble boosted, I can nail those Coal Chamber toanz I know you're all looking for. Schweet.

jimilee

I love the build man, and the artwork is up my throw back from the 70's alley!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

drezdn

TwistdDeth

is there a schematic floating around for those of us whom are adventurous enough to etch a board?
Looks to be a cool pedal, and I love me some high gain circuits.
Select, bend, trim, place, solder, repeat

lincolnic

That enclosure is hand-drawn, isn't it? You continue to impress.

soldersqueeze

Thanks for the kind words, guys :)

Quote from: TwistdDeth on July 05, 2013, 12:49:20 AM
is there a schematic floating around for those of us whom are adventurous enough to etch a board?
Looks to be a cool pedal, and I love me some high gain circuits.

Juansolo seems to have kindly hosted the build doc which contains a schematic- http://juansolo.demon.co.uk/stompage/schematics/VIPFx/T-Wrex_V2.2%20Build%20Doc.pdf
If you're looking for an image to etch you may have some luck over on FSB, but I'm not 100%. It's a real shame these went the way of the Dodo, hopefully the project will re-emerge someday. Maybe a version with the boost section removed and another name could stay off Mr W's radar for a while ;)

LaceSensor

It was silly to be coerced by wampler to remove the projects in the first place...

Nice build. I still need to make mine...

juansolo

Cleggy's build of then changed the useless mud stage for a SHO, which works rather well. Also allows you to run it at higher voltage which is also beneficial.

As for the schematic stash. In there is everything I've built, am likely to build or was interesting. I got annoyed when things kept disappearing (like Torchy's veros when he had a strop), so started keeping everything. It's not officially hosted or anything, it's literally on the net so I can access them over at Cleggy's. So hopefully it doesn't piss anyone off if they happen across them ;)
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Cortexturizer

https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

LaceSensor

Quote from: juansolo on July 05, 2013, 09:35:21 AM
Cleggy's build of then changed the useless mud stage for a SHO, which works rather well. Also allows you to run it at higher voltage which is also beneficial.

As for the schematic stash. In there is everything I've built, am likely to build or was interesting. I got annoyed when things kept disappearing (like Torchy's veros when he had a strop), so started keeping everything. It's not officially hosted or anything, it's literally on the net so I can access them over at Cleggy's. So hopefully it doesn't piss anyone off if they happen across them ;)

Did you manage to re-get Torchys veros? I think I have a shedload of them,  but maybe not all...

soldersqueeze

It's not officially hosted or anything, it's literally on the net so I can access them over at Cleggy's. So hopefully it doesn't piss anyone off if they happen across them ;)

Let me know if you want me to delete the link, hopefully TwistdDeth has got what he needs by now :)

juansolo

Quote from: LaceSensor on July 05, 2013, 11:15:57 AM

Did you manage to re-get Torchys veros? I think I have a shedload of them,  but maybe not all...

Pretty sure they're all in there.

Quote from: soldersqueeze on July 05, 2013, 12:14:42 PM
It's not officially hosted or anything, it's literally on the net so I can access them over at Cleggy's. So hopefully it doesn't piss anyone off if they happen across them ;)

Let me know if you want me to delete the link, hopefully TwistdDeth has got what he needs by now :)

It's not a prob as long as it's kept low profile. I just know that some people can be a bit funny about others hosting their layouts. That's why there's no web page for it or anything like that.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk