News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

We should have a "What are you cooking?" thread. Now we do.

Started by midwayfair, July 05, 2013, 03:33:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkokura

I should teach you guys my method for KD... That's about as high class cooking as I get these days.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

davent

It's Saturdaaaay!

Ground veal, cubed provolone, minced prosciutto, parsley, romano, egg, bread, milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg...

... atop butterflied flank steak.

Ready for the pot.

Browning...

Oven ready with onions, garlic, vermouth...

... ready, set...

... potatoes braised in chicken stock with garlic and bay, simple steamed beans...

Add in a nice fat Australian Shiraz,  fresh mixed green salad, last summer's garden bounty of stashed rhubarb and raspberries turned into a slice-of-summer-pie... and even a gawd-awful-winters-day can be made tolerable.

Happy eats!
dave

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

lars

I see some odd build potential brewing for the competitions. How about covering a 1590BB in thin-sliced pastrami?
What?
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

DutchMF

Quote from: davent on January 25, 2014, 06:45:20 PM
It's Saturdaaaay!

Ground veal, cubed provolone, minced prosciutto, parsley, romano, egg, bread, milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg...

... atop butterflied flank steak.

Ready for the pot.

Browning...

Oven ready with onions, garlic, vermouth...

... potatoes braised in chicken stock with garlic and bay, simple steamed beans...

Add in a nice fat Australian Shiraz,  fresh mixed green salad, last summer's garden bounty of stashed rhubarb and raspberries turned into a slice-of-summer-pie... and even a gawd-awful-winters-day can be made tolerable.

Happy eats!
dave

Dave, I don't care what you think, but you're having 2 extra for dinner tonight! That looks sooooooo delicious!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

davent

Thanks Paul, my daughter and boyfriend bailed on us so we'd easily have had a place for you and yours... next time you're in the neighbourhood!

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

sirbergersworth

All I have to say is....
.... Breakfast for dinner.
FTW

Sent using Tapatalk
"Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand, says, "Don't you see?"
-Robert Hunter

davent

I love summer! Tomatoes are up shoulder high, peppers loaded with fruit, greens galore for salads, rhubarb pies, life is great!

Wild Leeks

French Breakfast & Easter Egg mix radishes

Sugar Snaps peas, like eating candy!

Basmati Rice with stirfried sugar snaps in soy/chili sauce, grilled strip loin with chanterelles mushrooms

Smoked/grilled half chicken with oven fries and grilled/steamed sugar snaps

bon appetit
dave

sdlogan9

Quote from: midwayfair on July 05, 2013, 03:33:39 PM
This is what I made today. Goat vindaloo.

Usually I make qorma, which is my favorite curry, but this was a nice diversion. Weird to put wine in a curry. Crazy Portuguese!

I'm basically cooking pizza almost all day tomorrow for Lexa's party. We're going to figure out where to put almost 30 people in our little house. With board games. :P

So who's got something yummy to show off?

Wow that looks amazing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jopn

Quote from: midwayfair on July 05, 2013, 03:33:39 PM
This is what I made today. Goat vindaloo.

That's going to be a mess to fit in a 1590a

midwayfair

Quote from: davent on July 13, 2014, 09:22:18 PMSmoked/grilled half chicken with oven fries and grilled/steamed sugar snaps

bon appetit
dave

We grew snap peas in the front yard one year. We didn't grow a lot, just a few plants, so there wasn't a lot of yield. I don't think a single one got cooked. Most of them didn't even make it into the house. We just kept eating them right off the vine.

davent

This years pea yield was exceptional, must have been the very cool and way too long spring, single 20 foot row, two large ziploc bags worth from daily pickings made it into the house. Finished producing and ripped out on the weekend so the pole beans can taking over the trellis.

midwayfair

Rockfish with lime beurre blanc, spinach, and potatoes au gratin tonight. No pictures, we ate it too fast! :)

davent

As long as the weather holds I'm looking at upwards of 40-50 ripe fruit from one Trinidad Scorpion and one Ghost Pepper (Bhut Jolokia) plant growing in pots in our garden. Is there anyone with first hand experience that can suggest sane ways to put these little napalm bombs into use?

Thanks
dave

midwayfair

Quote from: davent on August 19, 2014, 09:36:16 PM
As long as the weather holds I'm looking at upwards of 40-50 ripe fruit from one Trinidad Scorpion and one Ghost Pepper (Bhut Jolokia) plant growing in pots in our garden. Is there anyone with first hand experience that can suggest sane ways to put these little napalm bombs into use?

Thanks
dave

My parents in law have a little ghost pepper plant on their back porch. Someone gave it to them. They had no idea what it was or how hot the peppers were. Anyway, they tossed a couple into some BBQ sauce. Worked just fine.

I'd say dry what you can (if you can), can the rest. Maybe de-vein the canned ones.

davent

Thanks Jon, We've a dehydrater that's mostly used to dry tomatoes for a splash of summer intensity on winter pizzas. Will put it to use drying some of the peppers and look into pickling a bunch, they'd make their way onto winter pizzas as well with the tomatoes. They're looking good out there, slowly ripening up inspite of the untypically cool summer we've had.
dave