News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

We should have a "What are you cooking?" thread. Now we do.

Started by midwayfair, July 05, 2013, 03:33:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davent

Quote from: raulduke on April 25, 2016, 05:00:17 AM
As someone that lives with a devout veggie, and therefore gets to eat very little meat... this thread is like p*rn to me  ;D

I enjoy vegan/vegetarian meals but i'll go anywhere. Three nights a week i do stir fried vegetables over rice, if there's leftover proteins around i may throw some in or i'll do up a block of tofu as i usually have one in the fridge.

Last night's stuffed chicken wings, colcannon and roasted carrots with orange honey glaze. My wife preps the wings.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

jtaormina

Damn those wings look delicious.  My wife used to do something similar with thick cut pork chops awhile back. She won't hardly cook meat these days. Chicken is about it for her.   :'(

SmoothAction

mmmmmm... of course Dave is killing it. Not surprised to be salivating again, I need a bib just to look at this thread.

Yesterday's ceviche came out fantastic. "Heaven in a bowl" is the only way I can describe it.

davent

Hard to beat a bowl, looks great Smooth!

Last night's bowl...

Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie,  Mushroom gravy with shiitakes, portabello, button and reconstituted porcinis.

My wife makes the pies, pumpkin pie in April.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

davent

Miserable very cool, foggy, rainy day here today, chicken noodle soup to the rescue.

dave

alanp

This thread always makes me feel like a horrible, lazy person.

I need to get some flour to make scones. Mmm. Cheese scones. Hot. With butter. Proper scones, where the butter is rubbed into the flour.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

davent

Last week and a bit, pizza orgy, tried three different doughs and a bunch of topping combos.

Last Saturday- Three cheeses and dandelion greens. Roasted red pepper pesto, shrimp and feta.

Last Sunday lunch- Bacon and eggs, onion jam and chives

Tuesday- Red Onion, Creme Friache with Smoked Salmon

Thursday- Asiago, Buffalo Mozzarella & Gorgazola under Prosciutto, fig jam and balsamic glaze

Saturday- Thick crust, garden tomato sauce, Buffalo mozzarella, sopprosetta, prosciutto, arugula, parm & piave shavings

Sunday- leftover bits and pieces, pepper pesto, mozzarella, feta, local asparagus

Good week, time for something different...
dave

midwayfair

QuoteThursday- Asiago, Buffalo Mozzarella & Gorgazola under Prosciutto, fig jam and balsamic glaze

good googly moogly.

davent

Quote from: midwayfair on May 16, 2016, 06:39:17 AM
QuoteThursday- Asiago, Buffalo Mozzarella & Gorgazola under Prosciutto, fig jam and balsamic glaze

good googly moogly.

Hi Jon,
That one was my favourite. The salty of the asiago and prosciutto against the sweet of the jam against the sweet and sour of the vinegar, creamy mozzarella, crispy crust, the pungent gorgazola against the sweet, the non-uniformity of the placing of toppings so each bite was a different combination, never got dull, little taste buds jolts/surprises throughout.

The recipe came from 'The Pizza Bible', borrowed from the library but will purchase my own copy soon. Close to twenty dough recipes and variation, the two i tried from it were outstanding. Then all kinds of styles of pizzas and topping combinations to explore, really interesting book.

dave

alanp

I'm starting to think that you expend more energy preparing all that amazing food than you get from day to day eating  :o :o

I can definitely see why you'd stop and photograph this... nothing I zap in the microwave is worth a photo!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

davent

Hi Alan,

A couple slices is all i need and i'm good to go.

Another forum i post on has a  monthly thread for a themed week of cooking. Not a competition or anything but i turn everything into a competition, at least in my head. May was pizza, lots of different things i wanted to try, barely scratched the surface. Loads and loads of pictures so i can remember what i've done and also the thread is suppose to function as a tutorial so pictures to explain...

I've been cooking since a little kid and started collecting cookbooks in my teens.

One more from last week, if it wasn't pizza it was bowls, Ramen with pork belly & shoulder at a restaurant, rice/grain, usually vegetarian bowls at home.

Vegan Mixed Grains, Veg with Green Sauce

Basmati rice, millet & mixed quinoa

Usually doesn't take long to throw these things together.

Microwave, another item in a taken-for-granted list of technology i've never owned. Can't recall ever having used one.

dave

SmoothAction

Dave, you have officially claimed this thread.

"We should have a 'What is Dave eating tonight' thread. Now we do."

Damn this is inspirational. Thank you, Dave.

davent

Pizza leftovers, what else could it be?

World dominance is mine one thread at a time. I'll soon be adding pizza to the menu of the lemonade stand at the end of my driveway, complimentary slice for madbeaners with a glass of icy fresh squeezed.

Not sure what June holds for a themed cooking week but it's not likely to be as easy or infinitely variable as pizza.

Feel free to post in my thread everyone... i'm always on the hunt for inspiration & ideas.

I'll post the photos for my artfully composed bowl of Bran Buds & soy milk in the morning.

Eat well and savor every bite!
dave

ps. This afternoon finished my first pedal in well over year, enough with food i've gotta go take some pedal pictures...

chromesphere

Well deserved title change Dave, you've owned this thread (Y).
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

davent

Thanks Paul!

I hope my post didn't come across as snarky, it was an attempt at self deprecating humour.
Don't take me too seriously!

I do appreciate any feedback, good, bad or indifferent.

Thanks all.
dave