Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Honey Dripper

Started by 3petedt, July 05, 2013, 07:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3petedt

First Madbean pedal, very nice indeed.

jimilee

That looks fantastic. What do you think of the circuit? How about an audio demo?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

bcalla

Awesome graphics!  Nice & neat inside, too.

pickdropper

Nice graphic.  Great build.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

fendman

Welcome...Nice build and I like the graphic, hope you love all its great voices, Jimi photon did a great demo on You Tube...just put in,  Jimi photon honeydripper.

You will love the demo.

Mike

3petedt

The jimi youtube demo is one of the things that prompted me to do this build.  I had built an old Systech (think Zappa) on vero and also assisted Mr. P (Pink or Photon) in troubleshooting one of his builds on TBE which eventually led me to the video.  I had also built a SWAW which is great  (but I digress). 
The Honeydripper was a must build.  As far as the build goes, I socketed a few areas to allow tweaking options later, but as built, sounds great.  Tremendous range of sounds and very reactive to pick attack, strumming and pickup selection, as well as tuning the sweep.  I would not attempt to follow PJP with an audio demo, suffice to say, they both sound alike, albeit he loves to fiddle with the clipping options, my options are open with sockets. 

As far as the building DIY pedals go, a year ago this would have been a daunting task, but it actually went very well and I love the slightly larger solder pad holes on the Madbean boards which makes the solder flow nicely.

I am also working on my other Madbean pedal, a Zero Point SD build, just waiting on a few parts.
Thanks for the kind words.  For me, the two most important parts of the build are the gut layout and the graphics.  Typically, I end up spending about equal time on both.

twin1965

Love the graphics  :) Looks like real honey is dripping from the top!

nzCdog