News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Serendipity volume issue. Worked for minute,then....

Started by Nate77, November 15, 2013, 06:05:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nate77

I finished my serendipity build tonight and it worked as soon as I plugged it in. I switched it off to find some unity volume and as I switched it back on it had ALMOST no output. I can hear the effect as i think it should sound (although barely audible). When I crank my amp up and I can make out the wet signal all the pots seem to work as they should. I assume its a poor solder joint or something grounding out but I can't seem to find any poor joint or loose contacts. I have this bad boy boxed up but it is in a powder coated enclosure, so I'm not sure if that would cause questionable ground. I know the guidelines for posting as far a pictures etc. go but I've got to head to bed then off to work early tomorrow and will be putting in a couple consecutive long days. I'm hoping that one of the vets on this forum could give me a place to start before I go through the long front to back debug on this gem. Thanks for any help in advance.

Nate77

Quick update. Figured it out. I had a silly error and mixed up lugs 2 and 3 on the volume pot so when I handled the pcb touching the solder pads from the volume pot I got full output. Duh. 9.7 times out of 10 it's something quite silly. Fixed and sounds great. I also managed to reuse an old 1590bb from a previous build and managed to make a very cool and unique final product. Large board real estate but well worth it.