News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What noise through yon amplifier breaks, It is the Hamlet delay!

Started by jimilee, July 09, 2013, 04:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Here is a fine Hamlet delay from Midwayfair's private collection. It is a fine 2013 delay wired with tails.  Voltage biased to exactly 10.5 with a slight tweak to the treble side and and a scoshe volume added. This is an excellent enviro job with no bubbles and only a slight blemish on the bottom right. Tayda has these ultra cool UV LEDs that I thoroughly enjoy also, It is slightly hidden neath the top two knobs which are Marshall clones also from Tayda.

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/jimi-lee-2/hamlet-delay[/soundcloud]
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/jimi-lee-2/hamlet-bass[/soundcloud]
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

midwayfair

Wow, excellent enviro!

You must have ordered the Marshall knobs the day they became available. They sold out really quickly.

How do you like the sound? I know it's not appropriate for bass, but still .:)

slimtriggers

Very cool!  I like the filtering on the repeats 8)  There are enough delay projects floating around here to keep a guy busy for a long, long time.

jimilee

Quote from: midwayfair on July 09, 2013, 04:46:52 PM
Wow, excellent enviro!

You must have ordered the Marshall knobs the day they became available. They sold out really quickly.

How do you like the sound? I know it's not appropriate for bass, but still .:)
Thanks Jon. I really like the delay, lots of headroom before it runs away. The tails is really fantastic too. I never even plugged my bass in to it, but you're right it's kind of a reverb hall type of sound I was getting, I was going to work with it more. I love the boost feature what a great idea.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gingataff

I hear She Sells Sanctuary,  8)
Your builds are really getting better, seriously awesome work.

I feel bad criticizing but I hope it's constructive (especially because I'm living in a glass house ;D)
If the font size for Repeats and Mix were smaller I think it would be smokin'.

jimilee

Quote from: gingataff on July 10, 2013, 10:09:47 AM
I hear She Sells Sanctuary,  8)
Your builds are really getting better, seriously awesome work.

I feel bad criticizing but I hope it's constructive (especially because I'm living in a glass house ;D)
If the font size for Repeats and Mix were smaller I think it would be smokin'.
Thank you for that, the font size and the relative knob size are what plagues me now. I'd like to make it big enough to read but small enough to see with  knob on it. I'll keep working on it, but you're right.

jimilee