News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

000 Guitar Build (non pedal)

Started by pryde, July 11, 2013, 08:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tremster

hoodoo

Much respect to you mate, quality build. I saw your logo and assumed that you must build them all the time, and to read it's only your second one, :o wow,fantastic looking guitar gives me hope. This is something that i've always wanted to have a go at. Happy pickin', all the best, Matt.

pryde

Here are a couple more shots for good measure

davent

Lovely build there, that neck/headstock joint is gorgeous. Built a classical from scratch a number of years ago and can fully appreciate the blood sweat and tears and hours that go into pulling off a project like this.

How were the nerves the first time you took a router to the body to route the binding channels, all those hours to get to that point and now the potential to totally bugger the whole thing up... tense!

Congratulations, Great job!

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

pryde

Yes routing is always a tense for sure. Definitely one of the dreaded steps. I used a laminate router and stew mac bearing/router bits with a home-made guide that I attached to the router body. Worked very well. 

jubal81

That's amazing. I'm just gobsmacked. You should feel really proud of that, sir. Bravo!
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

slimtriggers

Beautiful guitar.  Nice work.

Building something like that is really an amazing achievement.  My hat's off to you.

ChrisM

Looks great.

Nice job on the volute, not an easy task.

So what's your background/experience? I'm guessing you just didn't decide to build an acoustic one day.

pryde

Quote from: ChrisM on July 11, 2013, 06:25:07 PM
Looks great.

Nice job on the volute, not an easy task.

So what's your background/experience? I'm guessing you just didn't decide to build an acoustic one day.

Some years ago when I decided I wanted to fix/repair instruments I took a few courses at Chicago school of guitar making. Never any building classes though, just repair skills.

After fixing pretty much every part of acoustic (and electric) guitars over time and refusing to fork out $$$ for high-end production guitars, I decided to just build my own  :)

Just a practicing luthier/repair man is all. I don't believe I would ever build acoustics with intent to sell as they take tremendous time and effort to get a quality outcome. My builds will just be passed down to my kids. I have made custom electrics for a few customers though. 

Stomptown

Holy cow! What amazing build! If no one has stated the obvious, we would all love to hear her in action!

lincolnic

I know we generally try to keep the language PG-13 around here, but...holy shit, dude.

Record a demo already!

whitebread47

I'm just going to add to the number of WOWs in this thread - that's amazing!!  :o

Clicking on this, I was thinking, "There's no way it's an acoustic build report."  I'm happy to have been wrong.
Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

Parra

what a beauty! great job man! +1 WOW....

GermanCdn

Fantastic.  Stick a ZP Mini in it and enter it in the July contest...... ::)
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

gingataff

Quote from: jimilee on July 11, 2013, 09:50:16 AM
F*************K!!!!! That's incredible. Makes my bass looks like a box of poptarts. I may just stop building and wash cats for a hobby.

Possibly the greatest response I've read in 21 years of internetting.

Superb build, I love everything about it. If it was hanging on the wall of a store I would definately stop and try to get the courage to ask to try it, knowing that I couldn't afford it.