News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Balance other hobbies?

Started by selfdestroyer, July 15, 2013, 09:21:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThePastRecedes

Quote from: chromesphere on August 05, 2013, 07:39:10 PMI couldnt get my head around having 4 though... +1 respect right there.
Paul

I have no plan for kids but hearing about my grandparents stories of them and their siblings it seems crazy. My granddad was the youngest of 13 children! All from the same couple... I can't even imagine looking after a single person.
I build stuff for myself, sometimes I do 1 offs, I label them as HornBlende Audio.

jimilee

Quote from: ThePastRecedes on August 12, 2013, 07:15:05 PM
Quote from: chromesphere on August 05, 2013, 07:39:10 PMI couldnt get my head around having 4 though... +1 respect right there.
Paul

I have no plan for kids but hearing about my grandparents stories of them and their siblings it seems crazy. My granddad was the youngest of 13 children! All from the same couple... I can't even imagine looking after a single person.
nobody plans them, they just show up for dinner one day and never leave!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

juansolo

Quote from: aballen on August 12, 2013, 06:17:51 PM
Juan,  you are living my dream.  I used to own an 04 us spec STI.  I really miss that car.  I've always wanted to rally.

I do get to go karting with my kid every weekend though.  70 mph with no suspension and my butt 1/2 inch off the ground is pretty good though.  Some day Ill do some rally.

Had a WRX myself a while back. Great cars but they were stolen a lot over here. I got rid when I interrupted someone trying to break into the house to steal the keys for it... Loved it while I had it:

karting is bonkers, especially in the fast stuff. I'm a little too large for that thankfully ;)
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

jkokura

Quote from: juansolo on August 13, 2013, 02:29:06 AM
karting is bonkers, especially in the fast stuff. I'm a little too large for that thankfully ;)

You know, there is a solution to that problem...

nascar

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

ch1naski

Quote from: jimilee on August 12, 2013, 07:31:50 PM
Quote from: ThePastRecedes on August 12, 2013, 07:15:05 PM
Paul

nobody plans them, they just show up for dinner one day and never leave!
I have a17 year old. He steals my pedals and strings.......

But on the flip side, he doesn't do dishes.
At least I got that going for me. ;D
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
one louder.

timbo_93631

I got busy learning about front wheel drive the past few weeks when the slave cylinder/throwout bearing self destructed in my wife's (she is now claiming it is mine) Focus.  The clutch had been slipping a bit under hard acceleration and when I got in there and saw the hydraulic fluid/clutch dust slime coating on everything it was pretty apparent why.  The fix severely cut into pedal time as removing the tranny involved disassembly of much of the engine bay and supporting bits.  It got a new slightly lighter/stronger Exedy clutch and flywheel, new slave/bearing assembly, new axle seals, new HD lighter weight axles, new ball joints, and a new battery as the old one croaked once out of the car for the duration.  Drove it to school tonight for the first class of Calculus II and it is a whole different car now.  Got to take it easy for the first 500 miles on the clutch before I really hammer it, but there is a lot more pep in that 2.3L's step.  I am feeling pretty happy though it definitely threw the whole family/pedals balance way outta whack for a bit.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

alanp

Quote from: jkokura on August 13, 2013, 09:34:10 PM
You know, there is a solution to that problem...

nascar

Quote from: ClarksonIntroducing Richard J. Cheeseburger Hammond the Third...
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

haveyouseenhim

^ That actually pissed my brother off. He likes nascar. I myself think its hilarious

This is how I balance my hobbies

Range in the morning. Decent grouping considering my .380 has a 1 3/4 inch barrel. The few strays are from working on drawing from a concealed holster.

5 band EQ at night

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms

jkokura

Is that a plexi panel being held in place for the eq sliders? Details!

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

haveyouseenhim

Quote from: jkokura on August 26, 2013, 11:09:23 AM
Is that a plexi panel being held in place for the eq sliders? Details!

Jacob

It's laser cut plexi I had cut at a trophy shop. I scribed a square into the enclosure and drilled holes on the inner perimeter. Then I popped it out and filed it to the scribed line.   The bypass indicator will light it up nicely ;D

I'm still unsure if I'm going to paint it and have the light shine through the paint. Like make it look like there is nothing there, but when engaged it will appear. 

haveyouseenhim