News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Info?

Started by funky see, July 07, 2013, 04:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

funky see

Hey, just wondering if there are any books with info explaining this  electronic alchemy of pedal building? I'm really interested on how particular components are chosen for a given "effect." There are so many choices, how do you know what components will work best? I know I'm gonna hear its all trial and error....but I just had to ask!

Nick.  ;D

hammerheadmusicman

Brian posted a link to a host of relevant PDF books, Op Amp cookbook was one i think. I can't remember the name of the thread, but i'm sure if you hold tight, one of my esteemed colleagues will remember and provide a link!

Good Luck

George
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

RobA

Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

funky see

Thanks a lot ! This is a great forum with lots of folks who actually want to help. I've done many demo vids for Malinoski guitars, Trombetta, Wiz-Pedals, God Box etc. I've placed all my vids on the gear page to Luke warm response to say the least! ( note: there is no mention of burst or Dumble in any of my vids...lol ) you guys are all right!

Nick

hammerheadmusicman

Yeah that's the one! lot's of good stuff in there!!
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..