Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tape Echo (MP Junior) with Demo!

Started by pryde, July 23, 2013, 03:42:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

Quote from: billstein on July 24, 2013, 08:51:33 PM
Quote from: pryde on July 23, 2013, 05:52:57 PM

compliment much appreciated! I use the HP Glossy Presentation paper and print at 300dpi. Cook it on the enclosure with an iron on high for about 10 minutes. So far its worked great every time.

Hey Pryde. How long did you etch it for?

That's the only tricky part really. I usually let it sit face-down in full strength etchant at room temp for about 10 to no more than 15 minutes. I move it around periodically and feel if the enclosure is getting to hot. If so, I lay it in a water dish to stop the reaction and put it right back in the etchant afterward.

Unfortunately there is a luck factor as well. It is easy to over/under etch depending on surface area and fine detail, etc.

eldanko

Everything about this is crazy good. Gotta learn to etch someday... gonna buy me a laser printer...

I agree that the MP is my favorite PT2399 delay to date. It's awesome in a band context too - I gig mine regularly.
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

mshuptar

Dude, that etch is just incredible! Nicely done!

das234

Quote from: pryde on July 23, 2013, 05:52:57 PM
@jtn191:
I used a whopping 1M in R20 as recommended by another member (sorry cant remember who). Anyway, I think the best setting is to have the rate 2/3 up and then use the depth pot for inc/dec the mod effect.

@gtr2:
Thanks again. I am working on another build as well and will decide which one I want to enter after it is done.

@spaceboss:
compliment much appreciated! I use the HP Glossy Presentation paper and print at 300dpi. Cook it on the enclosure with an iron on high for about 10 minutes. So far its worked great every time.

Are you using laser or inkjet paper?  Also, have you used magazine paper at all so you could give a comparison of the two?   

pryde

@das234

The HP presentation paper is laser. You can't transfer inkjet medium to do etches, must be a laser printer (toner)

The HP paper is available at office max.

stevie1556

That looks absolutely epic!

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

das234

Quote from: pryde on August 08, 2013, 05:40:51 PM
@das234

The HP presentation paper is laser. You can't transfer inkjet medium to do etches, must be a laser printer (toner)

The HP paper is available at office max.
I knew you had to use a laser printer but wasn't sure if it had to be laser printer paper too.  thanks.

hylandren

Nice build, nice guts, nice etch and an especially nice theme with the old tape unit!
Very original and creative.