News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

BOOMSTICK 2.0

Started by eniacmike, February 04, 2011, 01:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eniacmike

I just finished up the boomstick 2.0 with the fabbed board. the mods are AWESOME. although I would probably leave them on all the time. This is easily the most natural sounding distortion pedal I have heard. it behaves extremely amp like it's kind of uncanny. Tons of harmonics and the perfect tube crunch. I'm in love.

artwork and pedal name after the damned song NEAT NEAT NEAT. this pedal sounds like the damned to me. I can't find any info on what kind of amps they used but this nails the sound.

the paint is rustoleum painters touch GRAPE gloss. really good spraypaint. it comes out very thick and sets up into a NICE thick gloss.

Haberdasher

That is a neat job.  ;)

How much sanding do you do before you paint?
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

madbean

Wicked cool! But....such a big enclosure for such a tiny board?

eniacmike

I don't do any sanding. sometimes I hit them with an aluminium oxide sponge but only if they are really dirty or off color. just clean them with acetone and hit them with spraypaint.

I like the bigger enclosure it gives more room for everything. I hate zvex pedals with the candy bar layout because it's easy to step on the knobs. I guess I could have done it vertically but any time I have 5 controls to fit on a pedal I like to do a 1590bb sideways.

FuzzMonkey

Nice job on the graphics.  ;D

eniacmike

I tested this out at practice tonight and it RIPS. i was glad to have the sub switch too because when I tested it at home with the strat and the blues jr. I need the subs on but at practice I was playing a les paul through diamond spitfire II (100watt 12ax7/el84 monster) through a 4x12 and I had to turn the subs off because it was way to woofy and muddy. It could have been a les paul thing too. It sounds awesome though totally nails the AC/DC thin lizzy stuff.

madbean

jcuempire

Wow.  I really like that.  It looks great