News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Let's have your feedback, shall we?

Started by madbean, February 04, 2011, 06:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EndlessOcean

Thanks Chris for the support. I'm fully expecting to screw up then throw the parts in the bin, then pick them back out again.

I ordered everything on the parts list and all the extra bits I could think of (enclosure, led, bezel, jacks, nuts for the jacks, switch etc) so I feel pretty confident I won't have anything missing but you never know until crunch time I guess.

I'm at the complete bottom of the learning curve. I went online to learn how to read a schematic and got confused. It'd be nice if someone had a schematic, then had the circuit next to it to display how they interact but whatever, I'll be going to the library to pick up a book on the absolute basics of current and circuitry in the hopes my retardation is short lived.

Anyway, I'm baffling. Thanks for the words man and for taking the time to write them. I kinda felt like I was the annoying kid asking a million questions that I would know if i'd 'paid my dues' or some other such thing, but rest assured I'll be a thorn in your side in the future.

I look forward to tripping up in your company.

jtn191

EO,

check out Freestompboxes.org and http://www.beavisaudio.com/techpages/
Most of my noob learning has (and continues to) come from those places...particularly from FSB's library section and reading those informative/layman's-written articles on B.A.R

jkokura

dang, my spelling was pretty terrible in my last post. I gotta stop using my iphone to post on this forum late at night.

Speaking of... iPhone formated forum could be cool...

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

bigmufffuzzwizz

You have an awesome site!!! You offer great pedal clone alternatives to other sites. Its just fantastic. I believe everything is very well priced. I would buy all your boards if i could afford it and had the time. plus i have a huge list already! Still eagerly waiting for the learn section. I love how you layout your pdf docs. and i can't wait to see the rest of the information you have to share with us! Maybe you could put a nice parts sourcing section helping us find those "mojo" parts in crazy databases like mouser. that would be soo helpful and we can all contribute our knowledge for the next beginner!
keep up the great work and don't stop the new projects flowing!!!!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

rowland1

Quote from: jkokura on February 14, 2011, 05:35:40 PM

Speaking of... iPhone formated forum could be cool...

Jacob

The "Madbean App" would be awesome! +1

reddo

+1 on the Beavis site. Schematic to reality and the How does it work on the LPB articles are great for everybody not just noobs. I still find something new there that I missed before.

Quote from: jtn191 on February 14, 2011, 05:29:54 PM
EO,

check out Freestompboxes.org and http://www.beavisaudio.com/techpages/
Most of my noob learning has (and continues to) come from those places...particularly from FSB's library section and reading those informative/layman's-written articles on B.A.R