News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Now with more chunk!

Started by gtr2, July 27, 2013, 08:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtr2

I used to own a dual rectifier so I decided to build a chunk chunk because I was feeling sentimental (plus I have not built a fully finished pedal for myself for a long time).  It's a pretty much stock chunk chunk but I shoehorned it in a 125B.  I did change C11 to a 10nF for less fizz.  The "clickless" bypass is my own programmed attiny and PCB.  The pedal is biased to taste with J201's from tayda (less gain).  They are actually biased a bit lower than 4.5V as I did it per ear to where I liked.  The enclosure is one I painted with some light blue rustolium hammertone.  Graphics are waterslide.

The pedal sounds fantastic and is whisper quiet even with the gain fully clockwise.  It does envoke the flavor of the mesa dual rec so I'm pretty happy!

Josh

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jimilee

That's baddass! Challenge accepted! That's the same color as the tremolo pedal I got. Did I get it from you?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

spaceboss

Nice. Any chance that you mike sell boards + micro for the clickless. I know someone that would buy a boatload.  8)

SB

hammerheadmusicman

I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

pickdropper

Nice, Josh.  Really clean and well laid out.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

pryde

Very pro in and out. Digging it  8)

croquet hoop

I really like the vertical layout. Great paint work on the enclosure too.

gtr2

Quote from: jimilee on July 27, 2013, 08:09:52 AM
That's the same color as the tremolo pedal I got. Did I get it from you?

nope  :D

Quote from: spaceboss on July 27, 2013, 10:07:56 AM
Any chance that you mike sell boards + micro for the clickless. I know someone that would buy a boatload.  8)

I'm honestly not sure or not if it's something I'm going to release, I may do a small test batch and see how they are received before doing any high volume runs.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

spaceboss

I'll keep my eye out for that. Clickless is both wonderful from a playing perspective, and there are twenty million or so cool momentary switches available on Ebay.

Cheers.

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

Cortexturizer

perfect work!
and yeah, I'd be in for those clickless as well
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

LaceSensor

juansolo

Superb packaging there Josh. Brill pedal all round.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Bret608

This looks really cool...I've been eyeing that light blue rustoleum hammertone at Home Depot for a while now. What was your method for getting good results with it? Any special tricks involved?

gtr2

Heavy coats or it won't create the hammertone finish.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer