News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

08.01 - Announcing Function F(x)!

Started by madbean, August 01, 2013, 03:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

I'm pleased to announce the formation of a new pedal company, Function F(x), with myself and MBP regulars and DIY aficionados culturejam (Forrest) and pickdropper (Dave). We've been working behind the scenes for a few months to get this going...developing a business plan, doing product development, filing paperwork, etc. Things are coming together quickly and we plan to launch our first three products by Q4, or Q1 2014 at the latest.

Function F(x) also has two other developers/investors that are not members of the DIY pedal community. One is a software engineer and the other is a production manager with loads of tech experience. We've got a great group of minds and I believe we will be able to establish a lasting brand that has impact on the commercial pedal scene. We have big things planned, and I'm excited to see how this particular group of people works as a team over the next few months (and years)!

In the next few weeks, Function F(x) is going to start a small Kickstarter style fundraiser. We have put together a very decent amount of start-up capital on our own for the initial production runs, and we are looking to expand that for a targeted equipment purchase/lease: a laser engraver. The engraver will be the basis for a lot of the pedal artwork (if you've seen any of pickdropper's work then you already know just how awesome it will look!) The fundraiser will offer three brand new PCB projects, one each from Forrest, Dave and myself for a donation amount of about $30 (a pretty great deal, I think). It will run for a couple of weeks, and we will also be giving thanks to each contributor on the FFX website (www.function-fx.com). More details on that to follow soon.

As far as the impact on madbeanpedals...it will have some since I will be splitting my attention between two companies now. However, a lot of the project development for the remainder of this year is nearly complete. So, I do not expect it to have too much effect in terms of PCB releases in the immediate future. I'm still just as committed to MBP as ever, so this doesn't mean this place is going away or languishing by any measure.

Anyway, I'm really stoked about this new adventure, and I want to take the opportunity to thank all the members here for their continued involvement in MBP. Without that, I would never have reached this point...so thank you!

jimilee

Yaaayyy!!! Fantastic news man! Can't wait to see where this takes you guys. What a great group!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

pryde

Dang. Absolutely great. Congratulations. I will take part in the fundraiser.

murdog47

stevie1556

Congratulations! Hope everything goes well for it!

I'll definately donate to the kickstarter, not only to help the new business venture but also as a way of saying thank you for a great site, forum, and pedal projects!

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

billstein

Quote from: pryde on August 01, 2013, 03:43:47 PM
Dang. Absolutely great. Congratulations. I will take part in the fundraiser.

+1

artstomp

lincolnic

I don't know why I wasn't expecting something like this - congratulations, you guys! Can't wait to see what you'll come up with.

drezdn

hoodoo

Fantastic news and the best of luck to you all, All the best, Matt.

GhostofJohnToad

Very cool!  And all the best of luck!

bcalla

Exciting news!  I wish you the best!

culturejam

Cheers, fellas. We're all chuffed (to bits) about the whole operation. Thank god all the paperwork stuff is almost over!  :D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

cooder

Awesome, best of luck and all the success you and your fab team deserve!!! Watch this space I reckon'...
Looking forward to seeing the fundraising pcb package!
BigNoise Amplification

ch1naski

I'm more than happy to donate to the cause. You guys deserve to make a decent living off of the great work you do.

When's the IPO? ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
one louder.