News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Emerson EM-Drive Clone

Started by Roctopus, August 13, 2013, 09:08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roctopus

Quote from: irmcdermott on August 25, 2013, 07:21:37 AM
The folks over at FSB looked at the original and saw the transistor used was a MPSA18... if that helps.

Thank you so much!

jewbacca

The original pops something fierce, so I'm not surprised. Wire as per mad bean specs? Thanks!!

dickjonesify

I have a production EM-Drive that pops, too!  I see you used a 1M pull down.  Where, exactly did you put yours? Kind of new to this.  Any help is appreciated. 

Roctopus

Quote from: dickjonesify on October 08, 2013, 07:20:50 PM
I have a production EM-Drive that pops, too!  I see you used a 1M pull down.  Where, exactly did you put yours? Kind of new to this.  Any help is appreciated. 

I connected one side of the 1M resistor to Input and the otherside to ground.

dickjonesify

dickjonesify

Sorry if that sounds dumb.  I mean, solder it directly to the tip at the input jack or the input side of the switch or something?

Roctopus

Quote from: dickjonesify on October 08, 2013, 08:01:42 PM
Sorry if that sounds dumb.  I mean, solder it directly to the tip at the input jack or the input side of the switch or something?

Sorry man, I should have been more clear. You can connect one side of the pull down resistor, 1M is what I used, to the Input connecting to circuit board and the other side to ground. You can also do this to the Output connecting to the circuit board and ground if you still hear popping.

I have drawn up an example using a version of Madbeans wiring diagram.

Here is an article that might help explain things better :)
http://www.muzique.com/news/pulldown-resistors/

dickjonesify

Thank you, sir! ;)
Very helpful.