News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

First vero build

Started by soldersqueeze, August 12, 2013, 12:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soldersqueeze

I'm a total vero noob, so didn't really expect this to work first time (if at all). Luckily for me, the DIY gods were smiling today, and this thing freaking rocks.

Wires, wires, wires, wires, wires, wires.... Jeez, I miss board mounted pots!

It's a Mountainking Megalith clone, and I feel a little bit bad about how much of a direct clone it is. But hell, the real thing will set you back an eye-watering $300 and it's not like I'm making any more (this one is for personal use only, officer...).
Not much more to add really, except anyone into super heavy doomsplosions should look into it  ;D

billstein

lincolnic

The way you labeled the knobs and switches is the best way. Muppets 4 lyfe.

televisiondown

Haha...I just finished up the artwork for my own Electric Mayhem. Nowhere near as complicated as your build, which looks great! Mine is a Great Deatroyer in a BB - lotsa room, little vero!

Love the hookup wire and pot labels!
"Be more constructive with your feedback, please" ~Jemaine Clement

selfdestroyer

this looks fantastic.. great job on it. You even got my wife laughing with the control names.

midwayfair

Animal! Animal! drum solo!

Your control names are WAY better than the original.

slimtriggers

Took me a second to catch the Muppets reference.   :)

juansolo

8)

...and just when I thought my need for ridiculous fuzzes had been satiated...

Also +100 man points for referencing The Electric Mayhem.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

soldersqueeze

First off, thanks for all the Muppet love- it's good to know I'm not alone on this one :)

Quote from: televisiondown on August 12, 2013, 08:13:19 PM
Haha...I just finished up the artwork for my own Electric Mayhem. Nowhere near as complicated as your build, which looks great! Mine is a Great Deatroyer in a BB - lotsa room, little vero!

Love the hookup wire and pot labels!

Man, I got a Great Destroyer kit from Aen when they were first released, and I could NEVER get that ba***rd to work!! I should try that again, because the demos I have heard sound awesome. Looking forward to seeing it.

Quote from: juansolo on August 14, 2013, 10:46:01 AM
8)
...and just when I thought my need for ridiculous fuzzes had been satiated...

There's ridiculous fuzz, and then there is this. It's absurd. I have a WMD Geiger Counter and a HEXE Bitcrusher iii, and this thing still blows my mind. Seriously, if you're curious, build it up. I doubt you've ever heard anything like it.