Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Phase 67.5

Started by billstein, August 12, 2013, 01:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Quote from: kothoma on August 15, 2013, 03:25:41 AM
Nice build! What does it sound like?

One thing though, wouldn't 45 and 90 make 135?
135/2=67.5
;D
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

kothoma

Quote from: jimilee on August 15, 2013, 08:37:31 AM

135/2=67.5
;D

Right. Still don't get it...  ???

billstein

Quote from: kothoma on August 15, 2013, 08:44:13 AM

135/2=67.5
;D

Right. Still don't get it...  ???

Ok. Here is my thinking and like a joke that needs to be explained, it probably wasn't a good idea.

But here goes. It's more than a Phase 45 because the 90 is in the box too. It's less than a 90 because the 45 is there. So I figured I'd split the difference which would be half of 45 or 22.5. 45 + 22.5 = 67.5. More than 45 less than 90. In my warped thinking that just made perfect sense. But probably not.  :)

kothoma

Quote from: billstein on August 15, 2013, 09:01:23 AM
Quote from: kothoma on August 15, 2013, 08:44:13 AM

135/2=67.5
;D

Right. Still don't get it...  ???

Ok. Here is my thinking and like a joke that needs to be explained, it probably wasn't a good idea.

But here goes. It's more than a Phase 45 because the 90 is in the box too. It's less than a 90 because the 45 is there. So I figured I'd split the difference which would be half of 45 or 22.5. 45 + 22.5 = 67.5. More than 45 less than 90. In my warped thinking that just made perfect sense. But probably not.  :)

Don't get me wrong, you certainly may name it any way you want ;)
Just don't get 5150ed  ;D

BTW did I mention that I like this build?

kaycee

That's really nicely done, classy looking. I didn't think I needed a phaser  either, till I started building them....key word there being 'them'  :D

jimilee

Quote from: kaycee on August 17, 2013, 10:05:09 AM
That's really nicely done, classy looking. I didn't think I needed a phaser  either, till I started building them....key word there being 'them'  :D
2 words...stage fright. Build it! I'm working over the design in my head for my 45 / 90 combo now. bought the paint too. Now I just gotta build it!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

alanp

Wait till you guys discover flangers ;) All these different phasers have different 'sounds' to them, as well. Opto sounds different to FET sounds different to OTA... (The SF is my least-favourite phaser, I still haven't boxed it up three months on. LP Doppelganger is best, with the 45 a close second.)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

billstein

Quote from: jimilee on August 17, 2013, 08:21:14 PM
Quote from: kaycee on August 17, 2013, 10:05:09 AM
2 words...stage fright. Build it! I'm working over the design in my head for my 45 / 90 combo now. bought the paint too. Now I just gotta build it!

I've got the Stage Fright populated, just need to box it up now. I like it a lot, very different sounding than the 45/90.

billstein

Quote from: alanp on August 17, 2013, 09:14:09 PM
Wait till you guys discover flangers ;) All these different phasers have different 'sounds' to them, as well. Opto sounds different to FET sounds different to OTA... (The SF is my least-favourite phaser, I still haven't boxed it up three months on. LP Doppelganger is best, with the 45 a close second.)

I'm looking forward to building a flanger. I have the current lover board on the pile of boards waiting to be populated. Eventually I'd like to build a Doppleganger. Are the boards still available?

I'm not that impressed right now with the 45 I have in this build. There seems to be a lack of depth. Hopefully it just needs different transistors. I ordered a pair from Jacob which will be shipped as soon as he gets back from vacation.

Stomptown

I'm not sure if there are any dopplegangers floating around but AlanP did make the project open source through oshpark so you could order one. You actually get three when you order through them and you could easily sell the other two PCB's on the forum. Here is the link:

http://oshpark.com/profiles/alanp

BTW: I love your build! Great looking homage to EVH!

billstein

Quote from: Stomptown on August 17, 2013, 10:00:30 PM
I'm not sure if there are any dopplegangers floating around but AlanP did make the project open source through oshpark so you could order one. You actually get three when you order through them and you could easily sell the other two PCB's on the forum. Here is the link:

http://oshpark.com/profiles/alanp

BTW: I love your build! Great looking homage to EVH!

Thanks Stomptown and thank you for the Galacticon board. Really nice. I can't wait to get the new transistors to bring out more of it's potential. I MUST have that sound I've heard others get in their build.  :)