News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

"The Legend" Weener Wah II

Started by timbo_93631, August 16, 2013, 07:41:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timbo_93631

Weener wah II using my mojo parts, including 2n2924's in Q1 and Q2.  Cap selector has three additional caps wired between lugs 4,5,6 to lug 3, for 6 positions total.  Sounds great!  Artwork, "Her Face", is by Mehran Heard same artist that did the Cok Fite drawing on the double Fuzzface I built a little while back.  Check out his website at www.eatcho.com.

*edit*  I almost forgot to mention this has Joe Gagan's 12 tooth pot in it!  I used a razor sharp chisel to slightly deepen the mounting slot for the pot so the rack didn't run off the pot in full heel down position.

Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

Cortexturizer

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

wesome.
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

DutchMF

That is the coolest wah I've seen so far!! I'm seriously happy it's not mine though, cause I would be terrified to use that in an environment with people smoking and drinking (ie rehearsal space or a bar), not to mention disrespecting it by putting my dirty, smelly foot on it! Truly a work of art, Timbo!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

Bret608

Yeah, that is just unreal! I really like this guy's artwork. And of course, please demo this!

timbo_93631

Quote from: Bret608 on August 16, 2013, 08:47:38 AM
...I really like this guy's artwork. And of course, please demo this!

Mehran is a fantastic artist, he did a long running comic strip in Fresno's community run newspaper called Properghanda and it is just fantastic.  I am lucky to have many original layouts for that strip as well as some paintings by him.  Check out his website and look at etsy to find his work for sale.

Demo:

Quote from: DutchMF on August 16, 2013, 08:17:15 AM
... I would be terrified to use that in an environment with people smoking and drinking (i.e. rehearsal space or a bar), not to mention disrespecting it by putting my dirty, smelly foot on it! ...

Thanks for the nice words guys, but fear not about the artwork.  It is etched into 1/8" 6016-T6 aluminum plate so it shouldn't wear off anytime soon, and is under 3 coats of baked clear.  It is a little slick to use with socks, but barefoot or wearing shoes it has a nice feeling!
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

richard_mcg

noobtoob

Good god this is gorgeous, why don't more people put a little wear on the corners? I have an old boss HM-2 from my uncle that looks beat a quarter to hell, and I love it. Let's start a weathered pedal trend  ;)

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

ch1naski

Just sick, man. Sick. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
one louder.

slimtriggers

The only problem with this is that I wouldn't be able to bring myself to step on it.  It's really a work of art 8)

joegagan

lincolnic

Damn, it's a real shame that that artwork is going to spend most of its life with someone's foot on it!

pickdropper

Wow, beautiful.  I think that is the first time I've seen somebody etch a wah.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper