News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dig Dug (almost)

Started by maysink, May 11, 2010, 06:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maysink

Still need to pop an IC in this beast to confirm functionality but I made it fit into a Small Bear 125B case w/ top mounted jacks. The footswitches are both a tad close to the speed & filter pots but such is life.

I can (almost) hear zappa's Ship Ahoy...

[nothing to see here]
-e

madbean

That is really impressive. Good work on fitting it in the enclosure.

lincolnic

Wow, fantastic job fitting everything - any chance you have a drilling template to share for this? I'd like to build one of these myself (with a battery, like yours) in the near future.

maysink

Template? HA! That would require a level of planning beyond me. I'll make a trace once the paint dries and post what I get. But the more I look at it, those stomp-switches are soooooo close to speed & filter pots I may have moved the form past its function.
[nothing to see here]
-e

lincolnic

Hm...maybe I'll build mine in a 1590BB size, if you're finding the layout cramped.

maysink

Here's the final product. I'm still getting some 'speed' related clock noise in bypass mode but I'm done messing with this project. FYI, a shielded cable from PCB-out to foot switch did nothing for the clock noise. Finally, if you have size 13 feet like me you'd better stay with a larger enclosure or be damn accurate with your stomps!

I'll probably rehouse the old girl some day but here's the pic (insides mostly same as above).
[nothing to see here]
-e

mjcyates

That is one cool looking pedal. Great job!

PeterMorton

No kidding! That is beautiful. Brilliantly executed.