News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Non-madbean Reverb (1590A)

Started by kinski, August 25, 2013, 08:23:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dawntreader

Hey guys. Quick question. I too have built this layout and the tone pot didnt do much of anything. How would I go about replacing the pot with a resistor?

kinski

Okay...

I just put the DAMP on a trimpot, then wired up this DWELL control. This is an absolute must for this reverb, if you ask me. You can dial in a decay that is much more "spring" like.

I'm gonna try an even larger DWELL pot to see if I can get some really crazy reverb happening.

To anybody that does this, don't forget to still connect DAMP 1 to REV 3.

--

On a side note, maybe I'm in the minority, but I think its unfortunate that these Belton bricks have modulation built in that you can't adjust or get rid of. I've never heard a spring reverb that has any kind of modulation. I'm hoping in the future, they release a version of the brick that has no modulation, or at least one you can have control over.

kinski

Update...

The Dwell control is fantastic. Increasing the pot value does nothing. Instead, replace the 39k resistor on the Dwell board with a trimpot. Set it to just before it oscillates. Then the dwell control can get anything from a really short decay to full on crazy sustain.