News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

I really do need to start buying in bulk

Started by ckim715, February 11, 2011, 12:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irmcdermott

not bad! $0.89/mono jack. have you used them before? good quality?

ckim715

I've used them before; they're not bad at all. I'd say comparable to Switchcraft; then again, I'm not rough at all on my jacks, either.
-Charlie

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: CRBMoA on February 11, 2011, 02:51:45 PM
Caps are harder, because there are more values and types, but I use the same logic. If I need one for a build today, I buy 10. If I need 2, I buy 20. .

I've been doing this too recently and it really helps out. Buying more than you need will ALWAYS come in handy. Never know when you will need an extra one to pump a project out real quick.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

gtr2

Both the supplier and the jacks are good.  I've bought from Orange County Speaker Repair and GLS makes pretty good stuff.  I've used their 1/4" pancake jacks too.

Plus, you could always get the 100 pack making them roughly .55 cents a piece.  ;)

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jimmybjj

Quote from: madbean on February 11, 2011, 01:45:09 PM
200 carbon film from Mouser costs $2.80. 200 Metal Film costs $4.00.

I buy at least one pack of some resistor value every time I order from Mouser. And, since I do a few dozen orders a year, it stacks up!

Are there actual resistor packs at mouser? I can find anything except the resistor kits and they are carbon comp.

I tried a couple of chinese dealers on ebay that some people refer to, including the "pick any 2000 resistor of these 50 values" guy and I didn't like them. All of the leads seem to be really thin, being thin also makes them a hair harder to solder. Any suggestions for bulk metal film or just keep buy individuals(in bulk) from mouser?

Thanks for any opinions.
Pcbs no longer available

TreeSlayer

Quote from: Haberdasher on February 11, 2011, 03:56:35 PM
Anybody try the 1/4 jacks from tayda?  They look kinda cheap (maybe on par with the mammoth ones?), but I was thinking about ordering a couple to see.
If anyone has experience with them I'd love to hear from you.
i know this is an old post, but i couldn't see if you got an answer. i've bought tayda in bulk for other things. speakers, guitars and some for data aquisition on drag cars. never had a minutes trouble. i figure if they stay together in a drag car, how can i hurt one otherewise? just sayin....  ;D
"At the line it's just you, me and the tree." the TreeSlayer

"You have the rest of your life to make excuses and be a fuckin' pussy. Today is your day OFF!"  Amiri King

jeffaroo

i use FCB Electronics on ebay for resistors leds and little things like that. its the same china crap only its wharehoused in the usa. i usually get my order in 5-7 days. never had a problem with the bastard and the product seems ok. check him out
Not enough germaniums in this world to complete my wish list !

TreeSlayer

Quote from: jeffaroo on January 23, 2013, 08:11:51 PM
i use FCB Electronics on ebay for resistors leds and little things like that. its the same china crap only its wharehoused in the usa. i usually get my order in 5-7 days. never had a problem with the bastard and the product seems ok. check him out
thanks! will do! does he pay freight in volume?
"At the line it's just you, me and the tree." the TreeSlayer

"You have the rest of your life to make excuses and be a fuckin' pussy. Today is your day OFF!"  Amiri King