News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Most transparent madbean boost?

Started by fish22, August 28, 2013, 11:11:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevewire

Hey Fish,
Vox AC30CC2X owner here.  If retaining that tone while boosting it is what you are looking for, the Madbean Slambox (SHO) does it for me.  The Fat Pants was a little duller sounding to me through my AC30. For a little more dirt I like the Blues Breaker type circuits (King of Tone, Prince of Tone and Morning Glory).  My Timmy does pretty well while keeping it mostly transparent also.  Across a fair share of AC30 users Tube Screamer circuits are not seen as a good match due to the mid hump EQ.

Check out the Buy/Sell section of the forum for some of the older Madbean projects as well as Haberdasher can etch up some of the extra projects for you.

fish22

Thanks for the many great reply guys!
Lots of good info!
Hi, my name is Wyatt.

fish22

Hi, my name is Wyatt.

fish22

Quote from: stevewire on August 29, 2013, 05:12:47 AM
Hey Fish,
Vox AC30CC2X owner here.  If retaining that tone while boosting it is what you are looking for, the Madbean Slambox (SHO) does it for me.  The Fat Pants was a little duller sounding to me through my AC30. For a little more dirt I like the Blues Breaker type circuits (King of Tone, Prince of Tone and Morning Glory).  My Timmy does pretty well while keeping it mostly transparent also.  Across a fair share of AC30 users Tube Screamer circuits are not seen as a good match due to the mid hump EQ.

Check out the Buy/Sell section of the forum for some of the older Madbean projects as well as Haberdasher can etch up some of the extra projects for you.
Thanks man!
I might try a SHO and another Thunderpuss and see what I like. Maybe a 2-in-1!
Hi, my name is Wyatt.

pryde

Quote from: Guybrush on August 29, 2013, 02:01:14 AM
This is going to make me sound like an idiot but it won't be the first time so here goes.

Can someone explain to me why you would want to 'slam the input of a tune amp'. Surely if you want your guitar louder you just turn the amp up? I've played guitar for years but my knowledge of sonics and amp mechanics is pitiful.

I don't mean to hijack the thread but it just seemed like a good place to ask.

It is also important to recognize that a booster into the preamp often does not translate into more volume but increased gain (compression and harmonics) depending on the amp/circuit

9Lives

I'm going to agree with Jon. I built the glass blower and its very nice. By far the most powerful boost. Be careful sub transistors. They do their magic.