News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Stagefright and Honeydripper builds

Started by das234, September 03, 2013, 05:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

das234

I finished my Stage Fright and Honeydripper. 

The Stagefright is the "Le Grand Alibi" which, I guess, is the French or Belgian title of the Alfred Hitchcock movie "Stage Fright".  Anyway, I thought it was a cool poster so I used it.  I did the Univibe mod and I love it.  I think it's my favorite pedal.  Probably my best work so far too.

The Honeydripper is a Phineas and Ferb inspired "Dipthonator".  It makes some very cool sounds but I'm not a good enough guitar player to really make it sing.  The fuzz on it is useful in its own right and has a different timbre with each "dipthong" setting.  Tried it on the bass too and I really like the way the fuzz sounds but the sweep has a whine on the bass that it doesn't have on the guitar.  Maybe it's the active electronics in the bass or something.

So here they are:

Le Grand Alibi-

The Dipthonator-

And both-

alanp

I like the hardware layout in both builds, pretty cunning. I don't trust myself to do precision drilling like that!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

das234

Quote from: alanp on September 03, 2013, 05:22:21 PM
I like the hardware layout in both builds, pretty cunning. I don't trust myself to do precision drilling like that!

I did end up with one enclosure in the recycle bin after the first attempt.  Fortunately, the two pedals are almost twins so once I figured out how to drill the honeydripper, the stage fright was pretty much the same thing.

fendman

Both builds are excellent...but the graphics take it for me.
They both look great!!
Well done.

Mike

midwayfair

Oh, man, that Honeydripper graphic is great.

pickdropper

Quote from: midwayfair on September 03, 2013, 06:27:10 PM
Oh, man, that Honeydripper graphic is great.

+1.  My daughter would love that one.

Both look nice, though.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

twin1965

Great art work on both of those  :)

You managed to get everything to fit in the enclosure! I know how difficult that was!!

wolfingsworth

Those are some awesome graphics! Where is the 'self destruct' button on the Honey Dripper?  :o

hoodoo

Two fantastic builds here mate, great graphics and lotsa skill in getting that all to fit so well. Lets hope tayda get those board mounted pots soon, all the best, Matt.

das234

Quote from: wolfingsworth on September 03, 2013, 07:15:47 PM
Those are some awesome graphics! Where is the 'self destruct' button on the Honey Dripper?  :o

Aw.  Not sure where I'd put it but I kind of wish I had now.

wstimson

I really wish I wasn't typing this, both because I hate that I know it and I feel bad correcting such an awesome pedal title...  but I have a 3 year old son and I've seen every P&F episode at least 3 times....

Doofenshmirtz always names his stuff with the suffix "inator", not just "ator".
So it really should be a Dipthonginator.   

I apologize again.   :)

Seriously, I love both of these... excellent work.

das234

Quote from: wstimson on September 04, 2013, 04:10:18 PM
I really wish I wasn't typing this, both because I hate that I know it and I feel bad correcting such an awesome pedal title...  but I have a 3 year old son and I've seen every P&F episode at least 3 times....

Hey, when you're right, you're right.  Dipthong-inator would have required a bigger enclosure to accomodate the extra text though.  And anyone outside the tri-state area would probably never have noticed. 

jimilee

That so precise. Tried putting my honey dripper in a small box, now that box houses a compressor . Great work!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

wstimson

Quote from: das234 on September 04, 2013, 04:35:22 PM
Quote from: wstimson on September 04, 2013, 04:10:18 PM

Hey, when you're right, you're right.  Dipthong-inator would have required a bigger enclosure to accomodate the extra text though.  And anyone outside the tri-state area would probably never have noticed.

Quite right.  Besides, no one looks at Phineas and The Ferbtone's pedal board anyway.
Even in the tri-state area.  :-)