News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What's up with Mammoth?

Started by masterlk, September 05, 2013, 09:14:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

masterlk

Just curious if anyone has the inside scoop on them. I placed an order on 8/30 first thing in the morning and have not received a ship notification. I followed up with an email on 9/3 and there has been no response. Not panicing but this hasn't been my experience with them in the past so I thought I would check the community here to see if anyone knows anything.

I do realize there was a holiday during this time period.

Thanks.

jimilee

These threads come around every couple of months, mammoth is a small company and sometimes they're awesome and sometimes not so much. Could be a back order situation, or a spam filter issue. Sometimes m spam filter goes stupid and decides important things that it used to let through are now spam.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

murdog47

Send a message on Twitter..they usually respond quickly when everyone else can see your customer service inquiry.

jonrhee

I've had a similar issue recently. Ordered some knobs and they ended up being backordered even though they listed 250+ in stock. I was never informed of the backorder but found it when I logged on to my account so I emailed and was told they'd be shipped the next morning. That was last  Friday. Since the status of my order hasn't changed. I've sent another email but have yet to hear back. Should have known.

murdog47

I have a 4 day old order that still shows "processing" on the site. I think this will be my last order from them.

jimilee

They're really active on Facebook for some reason, I'd try  there next. I need some 1/4" jacks and I only get them there. I'm a bit gun shy now.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

masterlk

Yeah, might be my last order as well. I had to use up a credit on my account which is why I ordered in the first place. I'm not bent out of shape over it but there still has been no response to my email on Tuesday, no real  explanation for that in this day and age of customer service. Thanks for the input guys.

timbo_93631

Get on the phone and call them.  Ask for Isaac Nelson, he is the manager and will get things sorted.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

masterlk

Just got a shipping notice from them. I'm glad things are on their way...my only problem is that I ordered hoping things would be here this week because I go on paternity leave next week and was hoping to get some things done(besides the baby!). Hopefully the order will show up before I have to go back to work. Ugh!

jonrhee

I just got a shipping notice as well, no response to my email or anything though. The knobs that were supposedly backordered still show they are in stock and the status did not change, even after they acknowledged I brought it up in my email. I have ordered many times from them in the past and it is never a smooth transaction.

calciferspit

i've had 3 of my last 4 orders come late with missing and incorrect parts. my last order was missing the enclosure and ALL the pots. the one before had incorrect cap values mixed in and mislabelled and was missing ALL the jacks. the first order was missing some sockets and i got 20 instead of 2 vactrols. bank error in my favor, but still a cockup. and the replacement shipments take forever to process and ship despite the shipping rape you take in the first place. i liked the selection and the well labelled bags, but the fail is too strong to keep shopping there.

pickdropper

Just about every order I've gotten has had problems.

I do really like their teal colored 3PDT footswitches.  Unfortunately, the batch that I just received from them has corroded pins that don't want to accept solder.  I've gotten Blue switches from them before with this issue, but this is the first time I've seen it with the Teal ones.  It's too bad, really.

I haven't contacted them yet.  They've always fixed the problems in the past, so I assume that they will again, but it's a bit annoying.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

eldanko

The last batch of "Industrial 3PDT" switches (the slightly more compact ones with the smaller contacts) seemed to be of lesser quality than ones I'd gotten in the past. They had different markings on the side and little to no epoxy around the contacts. Wish I'd known I was buying something different.
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense