Main Menu

Telefunken

Started by pickdropper, September 07, 2013, 06:32:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

Quote from: brejna on September 07, 2013, 09:13:46 AM
It looks really great!  :D
What kind of finish is that?
Do you make stencil and that spray it or?
Brane

The finish is the blue anodized finish from Pedal Parts Plus.  The graphics are laser etched from a vector graphic file.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

brejna

Thanks for the info
Cheers
Brane

catfud

I was wondering, since those laser etching machines are so expensive - do you own one, have a friend with access to one, have other access to one through work, or are there companies offering laser etching services?

catfud

I want a laser etching machine, but I'll never have one :(

pickdropper

We have one at work, and I use it whenever I can.

The best place to have laser engraving done is usually at local trophy shops.  A number of folks on the various DIY guitar forums have gone that route.  The trick is to find one that will run the job without a setup fee.
Function f(x)

midwayfair

Beautiful build, dave. Took me a sec to find the tone knob! What makes you decide to use the MXR knobs on the side as opposed to another aluminum knob?

Quote from: pickdropper on September 07, 2013, 09:20:17 AM
Warning: they are addictive.   :-)

Well, they're half the size, so you just have to build twice as many to keep up, right? Right?

pickdropper

Quote from: midwayfair on September 07, 2013, 09:52:38 AM
Beautiful build, dave. Took me a sec to find the tone knob! What makes you decide to use the MXR knobs on the side as opposed to another aluminum knob?

Quote from: pickdropper on September 07, 2013, 09:20:17 AM
Warning: they are addictive.   :-)

Well, they're half the size, so you just have to build twice as many to keep up, right? Right?

Thanks Jon,

I always use the MXR knobs because they are lower profile and mount closer to the side.  In fact, I always file down the pot shaft so that i can mount the knobs even closer.

One of these days, I'll put some aluminum knobs on a lathe and trim them shorter, but until then, the MXR knobs have been good.

And yes, one has to build twice as many.  :-)
Function f(x)

Thomas_H

I dig your builds!  :)
Good choice of the logo. You are lucky they are out of business for years  ;D

EDIT: I just looked it up and there is a company marketing the brand name and logo, so shhhhhh........
DIY-PCBs and projects:

pickdropper

Quote from: Thomas_H on September 07, 2013, 10:42:45 AM
I dig your builds!  :)
Good choice of the logo. You are lucky they are out of business for years  ;D

EDIT: I just looked it up and there is a company marketing the brand name and logo, so shhhhhh........

Thanks!  I am pretty happy with the way it turned out.

Luckily, it's not a commercial build, so there really isn't much that can happen.
Function f(x)

gtr2

Yikes, that's HOT!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

lincolnic

Everyone else can stop making Tube Screamers now...

micromegas

Sexy and clean build....
It makes me feel different things about building some 1590A based pedals: it looks like a fun challenge on one hand, but I know I'll feel frustrated when I finish as it's impossible to achieve that clean looking!
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

midwayfair

Just noticed: you might want to change your graphic template in case you ever reuse it. It's asymmetric, not assymetrical.

pickdropper

Quote from: midwayfair on September 07, 2013, 04:02:04 PM
Just noticed: you might want to change your graphic template in case you ever reuse it. It's asymmetric, not assymetrical.

Dammitol.  I should know better.  I have spelled that wrong on more than a couple of occasions.
Function f(x)

jimilee

That looks great! But do you have any that say pickdropper right on it? ;-)
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.