News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

4 Delays and a Reverb

Started by ChrisM, September 09, 2013, 09:52:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisM

Having not built a complete pedal in almost exactly four years I decided to build some delay pedals this past winter/spring. Just got around to finishing them now. I wrote about it http://pdfelectronics.com/delay-project/ (wip) if you're interested.

It was a learning experience, using Inkscape, learning how to use Envirotex, building on all these nice PCBs, etc. Anyways I think the pedals turned out pretty good. It was fun building them all and now getting to play them. During this little project I managed to also acquire a Dito Looper and volume pedal. Anyways I've been getting some pretty cool ambient type sounds with all these pedals going!

(got the pots labelled wrong so I couldn't use the PCB mounted pots, what a mess :( )

jkokura

A) Those are fantastic! As a Star Wars nut, I love the way that Echo Base came out.

B) I found the band you've got quoted on the lids of each build. What's with posting songs in there? Did you have those songs on repeat while you built each pedal?

You know what I'd love to see? A pedal demo with all those in series.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

micromegas

Wow!! You'll have all your ambient sounds covered for a while....

Quote from: jkokura on September 09, 2013, 09:58:18 AM
You know what I'd love to see? A pedal demo with all those in series.

Jacob
+1 on that

EDIT: I just took a look at your page: I love the meaning of your name and have just decided that I had to take a closer look at that "overdrive extreme preamp"
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

midwayfair

Great decal work. And some of the best delays out there. :)

p.s. Your version of a "mess" depresses me a little. ;)

Bret608

I like the quoting of songs by the National under the lid as well. I'm with Jacob on being curious about the meaning!  :)

Awesome looking builds!

lincolnic

Those builds look better after taking four years off than mine ever have. Great work.

televisiondown

Very inspiring and extremely well executed!
"Be more constructive with your feedback, please" ~Jemaine Clement

richard_mcg

Love the echo base Star Wars reference!! And the multiplex echo is just beautiful!!  8)

kothoma

Quote from: ChrisM on September 09, 2013, 09:52:05 AM
... Anyways I've been getting some pretty cool ambient type sounds with all these pedals going! ...

Not that I don't believe that, a litte sound demo would be great...

BTW, great builds!

ChrisM

Thanks guys!

I usually sign the lids of the pedals completed with my name, date and the song I was listening to while finishing the build. Been listening to The National a lot!

Cortexturizer

https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams