Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

gassing so hard over this mixer

Started by stecykmi, September 16, 2013, 07:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stecykmi

Yamaha M916E

SO MUCH IRON...

"Here is an extremely clean. excellent cosmetic condition late 70's design, professional studio quality, classic analogue vintage sound in the same family as PM1000 PM2000 PM430 M406 etc etc, which all share similar circuitry architecture, with minor variations and feature sets.

16 Balanced transformer coupled input channels with "Post EQ" direct outputs. Global Phantom Power.

3 band Equalizer with 6 selectable Mid frequencies, , 2 low frequency to choose from and a 80Hz filter

4 sends per channel.

the Output MixingMatrix is very versatile, and not often found in mixers these days. read about it in the Manual.

Each Channel also has dual inputs to allow for easy connection of 16 microphone/line "sources" and 16 Pro Tools "outputs/returns" {for example}, which makes for easy mixing without repatching.

10 Discrete Transformer Balanced Outputs PGM L and R, AUX 1 and 2, FB 1 and 2, and the 4 Matrix Outputs.

a restored YAMAHA M916 professional mixer, About 3' x 3' @ 90Lbs. $900

16 x TAMURA GA81700 Input transformers
10 x TAMURA GA81720 Output transformers

here is a link for the Manual Download:

http://www2.yamaha.co.jp/manual/pdf/pa/english/mixers/M916E.pdf

The mixer has been fully restored and has undergone a total recap job, with several hundred new Audio Grade capacitors, and a rebuilt power supply. Every connection and every component has been verified and replaced where necessary, with upgraded devices. It is better than brand new after this 20 hour professional restoration. I did all the work and will guarantee the mixer for at least a few years, if it is sold locally. "

It's a beautiful looking instrument. I really feel instrument is the proper word. I don't often say this, but sometime they really don't build 'em like they used to.

icecycle66

Oh my.

Why don't more things come in wood paneling?

lincolnic

$900 is a pretty damn good deal for a 16 channel mixer. The PM1000 mic pres and EQs aren't bad. Definitely a steal.

lars

Solid.
That's the best part about vintage 70's equipment, it feels like it could survive a nuclear explosion. In a lot of ways, most of that equipment has...
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....