News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Harbinger One

Started by aballen, September 21, 2013, 12:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aballen

Just wanted to show off my harbinger one.  I need to add some graphics, but its been rocked, and boxed, and it sounds amazing.

First off the light sheild.  I found some rubber 3/4" chair leg tips at the hardware store and some reflective tape.  Combined they made a pretty good light shield.

The pedal work the first time I powered it up, all credit goes to Brians excellent pcb and documentation.

Now I was originally planning on using the four holes to "wire down" the shield, but I came up with a better idea, that worked out perfectly.  I went with a shallower box, and used a light plate to hold the light shield in place.  I drilled a 7/8" hole in the light plate and the light shield went right in.  It actually presses the light shield right up against the board too.  Also the added benefit was I could easily take the shield off while twiddling with the trimmer, which I did a lot of.

Here is the shield mounter in the plate

and here it is on the board/enclosure.

You cant tell from the picture, but I mounted the light shield to leave just a hair of a gap between the enclosure.  This way when I fasten the bottom plate on I know I'm pressing the light shield right against the pcb.

Needs graphics and a sound clip.  In the meantime let me just say its a great pedal once dialed in.  With chorus off and the vintage buffer on, it goes from a nice smooth vibrato to an energetic one.  Flip on the chorus, and it gets lusher and more warbly.  Flipping on the modern buffer really intensifies the effect to where I can get a really swishy and warbly sound our of it, with everything jacked up it sounds like a lush rotary.

I'll be in Dublin this week, so hopefully I have time when I get back home to do the graphics and a clip to enter this is the monthly contest.

Very rewarding build.

Diamond

Wow, great build man! And thanks for the tips. I just ordered my Harbinger One PCB yesterday. I am really looking forward to finishing my own.

aballen

Quote from: Diamond on September 22, 2013, 03:22:32 AM
Wow, great build man! And thanks for the tips. I just ordered my Harbinger One PCB yesterday. I am really looking forward to finishing my own.