News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

JMK Flender

Started by selfdestroyer, September 22, 2013, 10:32:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdestroyer

I FINALLY got this JMK Fender Blender clone finished. Its been sitting on my bench for almost a month and I always forgot to order the one or two needed parts to finish this beast. not this time, I actually remembered to get the needed parts in my last Tayda order. This thing is fun to play with and with the blend knob it works great on bass. This is my second attempt at enclosure etching and I am pretty happy with the results.

I really need to make a better 3PDT daughter board. These really just look like a mess once they are done.

fendman

Hey Cody, Nice etch fella, you got that top really smooth :) The build looks really clean as well, is this pedal more for Bass players??  If is  Jimilee will be crawling all over it ;D
Great work
Mike

wolfingsworth

That looks awesome! The etch is very well done! You might even have room in there for a wicked switch setup ;)

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

jkokura

MAN THAT'S GORGEOUS.

No joke, that might be my favorite etch ever. It's just how I imagined the Flender Bender would look.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

catfud

Nice - really tidy build, and that etch is looking great!

stevie1556

That etch is beatiful! And the insides ain't too bad either! Well done!

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

diablochris6

Fantastic etch and great insides!  Looks so pretty for such a nasty, dirty effect.  Building this has always piqued my interest.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

selfdestroyer

Thanks so much guys for the words of encouragement. I really love the etch process but I feel like there is still more I need to learn. I'm sure its like everything else with this hobby, the more you do it the better it comes out.
Quote from: fendman on September 22, 2013, 01:22:55 PM
Hey Cody, Nice etch fella, you got that top really smooth :) The build looks really clean as well, is this pedal more for Bass players??  If is  Jimilee will be crawling all over it ;D
Great work
Mike

Its not really a "more for Bass" effect but it does sound great on bass since you can blend in the clean signal so you can hear all the notes pronounced. I will see if I can get an audio demo up.

Quote from: wolfingsworth on September 22, 2013, 03:48:31 PM
That looks awesome! The etch is very well done! You might even have room in there for a wicked switch setup ;)

I was going to add the boost switch but I found when testing the pedal that I would never use it so I just jumpered it.

pickdropper

That looks really good.  Must have been an awful lot of sanding (if you did it by hand).
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jimilee

Quote from: fendman on September 22, 2013, 01:22:55 PM
Great work
Mike
That's exactly what I need, 1 more pedal to build. I'm gonna have to sell some pcb's just to get caught up! Great looking etch too.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

lincolnic

This is quality. Great work!

Bret608

I agree on how nice this came out! Really nice to see one of these. I've been checking repeatedly to see if Jacob has restocked them yet.  :)