News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PControl 2.1

Started by shawnee, September 22, 2013, 03:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shawnee

Well after quite a bit of work, I finally finished Thomas' PControl project. It's a cool switcher and everything functions as it should. Let me just say that Thomas is an awesome guy and answered quite a few questions about this project before and during construction. I decided to use a box about and inch wider and deeper than Thomas did so I could use two rows of switches and still have a reasonable amount of room between them. I haven't decided on labels yet though. Bottom row of switches left to right is patch selection 1-2-3-4. Next row left is Tuner out, middle is bank down, right is bank up. Top right switch is buffer on (up position) and the pot is volume. Program switch is the little one next to the display and the toggle is for loop 8 (down position) or biamping (up position). Here are a few pics:

selfdestroyer

I saw you were having some issues with it but I am glad you got it going. Looks like a really cool project. Your enclosure came out great. Can you post some pictures of your pedal board once you get it implemented?

LaceSensor

now *that* looks badass
congrats!  8)

shawnee

Thanks. LOTS of holes had to be drilled and getting a decent rectangle with file really sucks. It came out pretty good. Everything is straight and you can't tell it's homemade from 10 feet away.  :)
I can post pics IF I ever finish my pedal board! Deciding what to put where is going to be harder than building this thing! I will get it done soon though. I have a pretty good idea of what I want where.

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

alanp

Pretty amazing stuff there! It's not something I'd be game to try, I'll admit, it scares me a bit :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

raulduke

Yep... thats badass.

Top build!

hylandren

Quote from: alanp on September 22, 2013, 10:05:07 PM
Pretty amazing stuff there! It's not something I'd be game to try, I'll admit, it scares me a bit :)
My thoughts, exactly. Very ambitious and impressive.

Thomas_H

Congratulations.
That looks awesome.
DIY-PCBs and projects:

shawnee

Thanks everyone. It's really not that scary since I still don't understand how it works, LOL. I just followed the instructions and took it slow. I asked questions when I didn't understand and Thomas explained what needed to be done. It's definitely the biggest project I have done just from sheer volume of work but not any harder than any other project. It is a pretty amazing project though so mad props to Thomas!

So I am trying to figure out what to do about labels. I used a pre-painted Hammond box and it has a fairly rough texture. I thought about masking and painting areas in white to be able to put labels over. Any thoughts?

stevie1556

That is epic! I don't need one, but I definitely want one!

Great build!

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

stevewire

Pretty awesome shawnee.  I'd like to do this project, but not sure I am ready.

shawnee

I'm having problems with the input/tuner PCB. Maybe I wasn't ready either....  :-[

jimijam

glad to see this. I'm gonna be starting this one soon. now that my rack is finally wired up and running.
tried lifting weights once....they were too heavy!