News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

"The Master" (Fallout themed pedal)

Started by Guitarmageddon, September 22, 2013, 09:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guitarmageddon

Here's a pedal built for a bassist who wanted a character from the original Fallout computer game.

It's a combination of things, but at the core is my take on CJ's "Logan 5", which was derived from Tim Escobedo's "Thing Modulator", a pseudo ring modulator.

I've paired it with the LFO from the Shoot the Moon, which drives the frequency, and, as it's for a bassist, a clean blend of my own devising.
It's also got a pair of external LDRs, one to warp the frequency and the other is part of a feedback loop.

The etch was pretty tricky as, not only was the image pretty murky, it's an old game with pretty low-res graphics.

There's a flashing ultra-violet "eye" synced with the LFO.
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

pickdropper

I almost ran my finger along the screen to feel the etch texture on the picture.

Looks great.  I really like your new Codtone logo.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

lincolnic

To quote the title of Shellac's new album: dude, incredible. Can we get a demo?

billstein

You're just going from strength to strength.
I agree with Dave about your logo. Very nice.

fendman

Thought Jimilee would have been here before me....lol.  I  have always liked these etches since Pandora's Box, and this one is no exception. Love that little blue UV light.

Great work as always
Mike

Guitarmageddon

Thanks for all the kind words.
Quote from: lincolnic on September 23, 2013, 12:55:38 PMCan we get a demo?
Yes!
I didn't have it for very long, but 've made a little compilation of some of the noises it makes and a demonstration of the controls.

If anyone's interested, here's the basic circuit for the ring mod part. The feedback loop is done with a LDR (switchable) across pins 3 and 6 of the IC. The other LDR is on the outside lugs of the pot.

I've also got some spare LMC567, they can be a little tricky to find.
$2.50 each + $2 shipping for as many as you like. The more common LM567C is not a good substitute.
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

lincolnic