News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

newbie build lovepedal woodrow

Started by evildead222, September 22, 2013, 04:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evildead222

This is a lovepedal woodrow i built from a vero layout.  I didn't put a stompswitch because it's a booster i leave on all the time.  I'm still a noob, can anyone give me hints, advice or just tell me what or what not to do. thanks.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

jimilee

I'm curious why you would leave a booster on all the time instead of just turning up the volume? Everything looks good, I'd maybe insulate those resistors to keep them from shorting out against the top or side.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

catfud

If I understood it correctly, back in the day when boosts were first being made and used, they were designed to sit atop an amp, and would be left on permanently.

As well as being a way to change your tone, doesn't a boost also help to achieve an overdriven sound from your amp at lower volumes?

jimilee

Quote from: catfud on September 23, 2013, 04:41:23 AM
If I understood it correctly, back in the day when boosts were first being made and used, they were designed to sit atop an amp, and would be left on permanently.

As well as being a way to change your tone, doesn't a boost also help to achieve an overdriven sound from your amp at lower volumes?
it does increase your overdrive if it's between your amp and guitar. If it's in the effects loop, just gets louder. Technology has changed quite a bit between then and now, and in my mins boasts are for leads and solos and the like. That being said I do have a boost in a box used as an overdrive pedal.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

evildead222

yea thats exactly what i do. It sits on top my amp and give my amp overdrive more treble and better tone.  I LOVE building pedals but i don't have a huge effects loop. Just a fuzz chorus and this boost.  Rory gallagher used to leave his rangemaster on top of his amp.