News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

AMZ Power Supply (Non-Madbean)

Started by ncdb07, July 05, 2012, 05:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Quote from: ch1naski on October 07, 2013, 07:51:34 AM
I don't see a bridge rectifier, so I assume it's powered with a DC wall wart of some sort...?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
right, does just any wall wart work, I'm curious about noise being introduced through the wall wart or am I over thinking it?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

marmaliser

The power pack is linked in post 5 or 6

gordo

My board has been running on one for a few years now and its been a real trooper.  The pic on Jack's site of the heat-sinked offboard regulator is mine.  I use the 18V, 15V, 12V, and 9V outs to power a TC Nova Delay and a few Line6 pedals as well my usual gaggle of Madbean and GPCB boxes.  The power supply I used is that Jameco that's linked and its 18V.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

ncdb07

[/quote] right, does just any wall wart work, I'm curious about noise being introduced through the wall wart or am I over thinking it?
[/quote]

Over thinking just a bit. This issue is addressed in the build notes and there are about 4 different wall warts recommended  from the 15 volt one I used to an 18 volt used above. The good and bad points of each are discussed and what to do in each situation. Like if you choose XX wall wart you may need to add / delete this part to increase filtering or what have you.

I wish I could share the build notes they are as well thought out as Madbean's. I am building a second one. i hope to be finished by the weekend if my parts show up in time. I will post the results and pictures for everyone once its finished.

The only things I changed this time were that I added a polarity protection diode for the input, and went with higher temperature rated caps than is called for. I had no reason to do these things other than I could as I had no problems with my previous unit other than being a touch larger than I wanted.

ncdb07
Daniel
ncdb07
Daniel