News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Some Shizzle........

Started by GrindCustoms, September 27, 2013, 12:29:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindCustoms

Hello Madbeaners! Makes a while that i have'nt posted here because i was quite....out of the loop...due to never ending personnal life matters....but..everything is now set and i could'nt be happier of how everything turned out :)

So here's what i've built since....a while....that i've posted them here.

Mini FengDrive

LFO Wah

MadBean's Kraken Envellope Filter

Octave Up Delay.....

FuzzRot Buffers built on the KwawK wah board...

Some InDefianceAudio stuff....

Aura Boost

TORK Amplification PA-1

nCzdog L'ill Watter 1watt amp project

GeekDriver, Colorsound Overdriver workalike

Note...on this picture the trannies are in the opposite direction....still a noob...

MadBean's GreenBean, TubeScreamer Workalike...

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

alanp

Wow, you've been extremely productive!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Gledison

Woooooow! Very impressive!
What are the 3pdt little boards? I assume to arrange better the wirings... Is there any pcb layout for that where we could etch it?
Cheers
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

GrindCustoms

Quote from: alanp on September 27, 2013, 06:56:02 AM
Wow, you've been extremely productive!

Thanks Alan :)

But....that's what i've done in the past 3months.....other than....generic builts....so compared to the pace i had before.....i'm quite......shy....lol

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

GrindCustoms

Quote from: Gledison on September 27, 2013, 07:18:16 AM
Woooooow! Very impressive!
What are the 3pdt little boards? I assume to arrange better the wirings... Is there any pcb layout for that where we could etch it?
Cheers

Thanks Sir!

I don't have any etchable layout of these 3PDTs board...., they where conceived to go along my production layouts....they don't offer much convenience for general DIY use....no CLR...no +/- pads or extra ground pads......

I'm working on couple utility daughter boards for the GCFX store...since they are mostly simple stuff...it would'nt be a bad idea to also offer an etchable version of them.......something that i have'nt done yet.

DutchMF

Dude, I still love what you build!!! Those Aura Boost's are so sweet 'n little, I'd love to trash them with my size 12's!  ;)
What circuit is that LFO Wah? couldn't make it out from the pics, but I'm sure interested in a Wah with extra knobs and switches!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

GrindCustoms

Quote from: DutchMF on September 27, 2013, 06:01:11 PM
Dude, I still love what you build!!! Those Aura Boost's are so sweet 'n little, I'd love to trash them with my size 12's!  ;)
What circuit is that LFO Wah? couldn't make it out from the pics, but I'm sure interested in a Wah with extra knobs and switches!

Paul

Thanks Paul :)

The LFO board are basically CJ's STM lfo...in a daughter board format. The same that Juansolo/Marauder have used for their «Sultinizer» builts.

But these had the Depth pot reversed so i never put them on the site...., i have the new version ready with added Shape switch/pot and speed/shape status LED aswell on them....i just always report ordering them....

Now that i have time and that i'm well setup....i'll start to put together the «voyel-trem» that i've had in my mind for a while now....

lincolnic

Good to see your builds again!

billstein

Those are all great builds. Really liking that distressed look, somebody should do a tutorial on that.

richard_mcg

These are all so amazing - great work, great builds - even great photography!!!  8)

GrindCustoms

Thanks for the kind words guys :)

In a not too far future.... I'll be making some promotional video about the «insides» of my production stuff....where i'll go from the raw enclosure to the fully finished and silkscreened enclosures.....it will cover the finishing of the distressed 1 and 2 tone paintjob and the «grindworn» finish aswell..., will try to make it interesting ;)

DutchMF

Quote from: GrindCustoms on September 27, 2013, 09:23:59 PM

Paul

The LFO board are basically CJ's STM lfo...in a daughter board format. The same that Juansolo/Marauder have used for their «Sultinizer» builts.

But these had the Depth pot reversed so i never put them on the site...., i have the new version ready with added Shape switch/pot and speed/shape status LED aswell on them....i just always report ordering them....

Now that i have time and that i'm well setup....i'll start to put together the «voyel-trem» that i've had in my mind for a while now....

So if I understand this correctly: The LFO is controlling the wah instead of the threadle/pot combo, and the two are switchable? Must have me one of those!!! And to be quite honest, I ripped off your distressed 2 tone finish, didn't get around to posting it as I've still got a few wires to solder on the inside, but I think it turned out pretty good..... will post a teaser pic tomorrow! I hope you understand that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery....  ;)

Paul

GrindCustoms

Quote from: DutchMF on September 29, 2013, 08:02:57 PM
Quote from: GrindCustoms on September 27, 2013, 09:23:59 PM

Paul

So if I understand this correctly: The LFO is controlling the wah instead of the threadle/pot combo, and the two are switchable? Must have me one of those!!! And to be quite honest, I ripped off your distressed 2 tone finish, didn't get around to posting it as I've still got a few wires to solder on the inside, but I think it turned out pretty good..... will post a teaser pic tomorrow! I hope you understand that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery....  ;)

Paul

Actually when the LFO is activated, it sweeps throught out the «Q» that the wah pot is covering, so if you move the treadle it still controls the frequency range that is modulated by the LFO......, it's a really fun and inspiring effect to play with.

Glad that you gave that finishing technique a try, it's fairly easy and it turns out great most of the time. :)

DutchMF

As promised: 

I left the sides of the enclosure shiny black, to keep from completely ripping off Rej, and knob choice isn't final..... Still some more soldering to do, will post a full build report soon. Anyone care to guess what's inside?   ;)

Paul

evildead222

Awesome paint job man. I like how you sanded around the edges so you can see the silver, thats rad!