News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Just another boost (SHO crackle not ok)

Started by Willybomb, September 28, 2013, 09:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willybomb

Gudday all.  Finished my 4th full build, considered entering it in the build off but my stuff is still way too messy to compete.

Anyway, it's just a Soulsonic NoCrackleSHO on vero.  Neater than my other efforts, but not by much.  This time, instead of t-shirt transfers or heavy card, I used some light gloss kodak photopaper to print the design on.  It's stuck down with spray on contact adhesive on the paper only, and the the whole thig gets clearcoated.  Probably not the best idea to use the contact adhesive as you have to clean it up with turps, which will of course eat the paint given half the chance.

The upside is that the photopaper doesn't soak up the clearcoat unlike the card or transfers, and it's easier to get a decent finish.

I also wanted to use a chrome dome knob off one of my guitars I had lying around, but it didn't fit the pot shaft, and then I lost it today anyway.

Gold star to whoever can get the 80's reference.

richard_mcg

Beautiful!! The finish looks awesome!!  Not sure, either a Cylon from Battlestar Galactica or Kitt from Knight rider....  ::) Let us know...

sirbergersworth

"Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand, says, "Don't you see?"
-Robert Hunter

billstein

Nothing wrong with that build. Extremely impressive for your fourth pedal, looking forward to your future builds.

Willybomb

Thanks guys, and yeah, it's Kitt's flashing LED thing  The graphic around the knob was from a tacho graphic or something and would have brought the turbo boost theme forward a bit.