News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

(The ?) Engineer's Thumb !

Started by Ettore_M, September 30, 2013, 01:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spaceboss

Beautiful work!

Where can I find more info on the LED mod? I've built up the Sabrotone vero too, and I find that the circuit clips a little to easily.

Ettore_M

Quote from: spaceboss on October 01, 2013, 03:11:31 PM
Beautiful work!

Where can I find more info on the LED mod? I've built up the Sabrotone vero too, and I find that the circuit clips a little to easily.
Thanks!  :)
It's on Valveizard's schematic and layout (http://valvewizard.co.uk/engineersthumb.html), but it seems Harald didn't use it on his layout. It's a difficult fit, but you can fit them if you solder them together in one.

Here's what I did in mine. Hope it helps!

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

stecykmi

wow very nice build! very impressive

richard_mcg

The shine on this baby is absolutely beautiful!!! Such a fantastic build! AWESOME!!  ;D

jtn191

Awesome! I'm rebuilding mine (to work) and another for a friend. Guessing the 1k limits the release value and the 10nf darkens/brightens the response of the switch

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 4

Ettore_M

Quote from: jtn191 on October 07, 2013, 12:06:49 AM
Awesome! I'm rebuilding mine (to work) and another for a friend. Guessing the 1k limits the release value and the 10nf darkens/brightens the response of the switch

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 4
Exactly what they do. 1k limits the release value (yet not a great improvement, but it does its job..) and the 10nF brightens the switch, because the 4.7nF did not have any difference in my ears. :)

Thanks
Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam