News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Another SS2 + switchable buffer (vero build)

Started by fendman, September 29, 2013, 08:01:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fendman

Hi, Liustucru built one of these a few weeks ago and said how good it was...so as I had all the parts and some mojo vero which is 30yrs old I built it.

I had one little mistake and with vero you have to triple check which hole you put the component in...or it can be a PITA  fault finding it if just one component is in the wrong hole.  I found it thankfully!! (Jimilee I used loads of wire on this as well!!!)So going to the sound side it is what it says a "Light Drive". Very DG and I have  it pretty clean with a light touch of growl in it.

For the parts count and two veroboards it  cost very little. I suppose you could put everything on one board if you wanted to. In fact  Jacob mentioned perhaps making a board...so that might be worth looking at, or someone maybe could do a single side for etchers ;)

I have the G2 built up on veroboard as well, its not been tested...waiting for pots can't wait to hear what that sounds like.

Thanks
Mike

hoodoo

Nice work mate, diy at it's best, great art/swirl paint job, and i like the homemade pot protectors, :) all the best, Matt.

Willybomb

Nice.  What's the matting you've used for insulation, but more importantly, where did you get the black vero?!

fendman

Quote from: hoodoo on September 29, 2013, 03:50:37 PM
Nice work mate, diy at it's best, great art/swirl paint job, and i like the homemade pot protectors, :) all the best, Matt.

Thanks Matt appreciate the comments from you :)
Mike

Quote from: Willybomb on September 29, 2013, 07:12:35 PM
Nice.  What's the matting you've used for insulation, but more importantly, where did you get the black vero?!

Hi the matting is some strong velcro I got for model aircraft some years ago... the vero I sprayed it with matt enamel paint I think it makes it look happier :)
Thanks guys
Mike

doletal

Congratulations, great job !

I have to make this SS2, seems sounding so sweet...

Which 741 AO did you use ? Any would be ok or some are better than others ?

D/

PS : excuse my mis-knowledge, but who is Jacob ?

Liustucru

;)

This one is still in my pedalboard and will stay for a long for sure !!!!