News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

MoRC Compressor (non-MB)

Started by das234, October 01, 2013, 07:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

das234

This is my new modified Ross Compressor.  The circuit is designed by Tonmann and can be used to make a Ross or DynaComp.  I built the Ross model, thus the graphics.  Some of you probably remember Bob Ross and his happy little trees.  The PCB allows for a 2 color LED that's red when power is supplied and green when the effect is on.  That didn't work for me so I switched it for a single green LED that's only on when the effect is on.  The wiring is kind of a rat's nest but this PCB has been sitting around for a while and I just wanted it boxed up.  This is the first compressor I've ever owned so I'm still playing with it but I like what it does.

jimilee

I dig that man, it looks like it has a white led, and while you said it didn't, that be cool too. I like the knee switch too,I may have to build that one also, I bet I've built as many comps as I have phasers.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

wolfingsworth

I really love the graphics on this! Prob the best Ross dual reference I've seen 😉

selfdestroyer

Quote from: wolfingsworth on October 01, 2013, 09:40:45 PM
I really love the graphics on this! Prob the best Ross dual reference I've seen 😉

Agreed, excellent.

das234

Quote from: jimilee on October 01, 2013, 08:21:03 PM
I dig that man, it looks like it has a white led, and while you said it didn't, that be cool too. I like the knee switch too,I may have to build that one also, I bet I've built as many comps as I have phasers.

It's a water clear green but now that you mention it, white would be cool on this.

das234

Quote from: wolfingsworth on October 01, 2013, 09:40:45 PM

Thanks.  I wanted to make an ALMOST clone of the old gray ROSS pedal and somehow I thought of the TV painter Bob Ross and it seemed just right.  I might make another one modified for the bass and put a Bob Ross-esque painting on it or something. 

slimtriggers

That's great!  Genius idea for a graphic!

I built one of these comps a while back and love it.  Highly recommended if you dig compressors  8)

jimilee

It's set up similar to the soul preacher I am using (ironically) I like the knee switch on it. I have built probably 5 or 6 comps, and I use non of them. I will probably build one, but I must sell some pcbs me thinks.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jubal81

Love the graphics and fonts. Excellent build.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair