News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

?Any soundclips for Yellow Shark and SilverFox

Started by sjturbo, February 12, 2011, 08:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sjturbo

Morning, I am thinking of building either the Yellow Shark or SilverFox. I'm hoping someone has built them and can share some soundclips? Anyone??

jkokura

I don't have any, but I've built both of them. What are you hoping to find out?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

sjturbo

Thanks for the reply. I have not built either but am looking for a dynamic, touch sensitive overdrive in the zendrive region. What is your sonic opinion and signal train?
Thanks!

jkokura

Well, if you want a zendrive pedal, the serendipity is what you should build. The Neutrino might also be a good option for you.

I didn't like the yellow shark as much as the silver fox personally. I think the silver fox has more 'tweakability', meaning it's more flexible. I can also tell you that the silver fox is from the schematic David Barber shared with the DIY community, so it is a verified schematic, and %100 authentic. It's a pretty cool thing.

My signal chain depends on my mood. I own more than 50 guitar pedals, of which I'm constantly selling or trading or buying. I can tell you that right now I play through a stock 09 Epi Dot, a mid 70s silverface Vibro Champ, and I often play with pedals one at a time instead of on my board. When I do play out, it's usually P&W stuff. But I've been known to show up at open mics and Jams, and the odd coffee house gig. I havent gigged with a band in years, but I miss it.

Jacob

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

sjturbo

Thanks for the prompt reply. Actually I have a Zen Drive and the Neutrino, as well as the Quasar. I use the Q and N more often than the ZD. That said I think I may see if the Serendipity pcb would accomodate the Zenkudo mods. I like what I have heard on ytube.