News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mudbunny Triangle

Started by Blues Healer, October 11, 2013, 02:17:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blues Healer

first of all, a word of thanks to the forum, to Brian specifically, and to Jacob for the tutorial on his test rig ...
I've actually been building for quite a while, but very unsuccessfully ... GGG projects, BYOC projects ... even going back to Craig Anderton's book years ago ....

this little pedal represents a couple of firsts for me:

• first time I used a test rig before boxxing
  • first time I drilled a box successfully
the build is pretty straightforward: I used the BOM for Mouser, with 5088 transistors ... after testing, I added the two omitted components, and optimized the transistor positions ... the Hfe ranged ~500 - ~600
For the sound file, I used a custom parts strat (USA Custom Guitars) with Duncan pickups through a DRRI. Please forgive the lousy recording on my $2 PC mic. I'll work on that, but it is what it is -- I think you get the idea that the pedal is fat and 'resonant' .  ;) You can hear me switch between neck and bridge positions before I got rudely cut off. :)

I'm using the Mudbunny as a learning tool ... moreso than to cop anyone's tone. In the past, I've favored Tonebenders and Fuzz Faces -- I love both, but I think the Muff is a little less "quirky".

again, my sincere thanks to the forum!
- Gary

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/gary-carr-6/mb[/soundcloud]
"music heals"

selfdestroyer

I did not get to listen to your clip yet since my headphones are in my car.. but I love that color and your jacks are perfectly placed. I still cant get mine to line up so nicely. Man, I love that color, looks like a great vein powdercoating.

Blues Healer

thanks!
that color is "Psycho Vein", a custom color from Pedal Parts
http://www.pedalpartsplus.com/

"music heals"

lincolnic

That's a nice pedal, but I really want to know the story of that Deluxe (and its Tweed friends)!

Blues Healer

thanks!
the serial no. on the Deluxe is BLD-0106 ... I don't think they built many in Blonde/ Oxblood!
I walked into a GC years ago, plugged a strat into the Deluxe, and it sounded so great I bought both!
However, I loaned out the Deluxe, and it was never the same after I got it back. Lesson learned: don't loan your gear, even to a 'best friend'.  :(
As for the other amps ... a Victoria Double D behind the DR, a '56 Deluxe to the right (5E3), and to the left, part of a Mission Amp 5E3 I built. I've had the '56 about 20 years now, the Vicky almost ten, and I built the Mission before I got the Victoria.
Anyway, all decent amps ... the DRRI is likely the most finicky one of the bunch.
"music heals"

lincolnic