News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Release the Kraken!!! Vero content included!!! Holy Crap, it works!! Now w/Video

Started by jimilee, October 05, 2013, 06:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Holy Sh*t this thing that I built actually works!!!So a friend in Nashville decided he wanted me to build him a pedal, and not just any pedal, The biggest baddest pedal imagineable, and when i told him I couldn't do that, we settled on this. It's a Prefessor Tweed from Chi_boy, a Baby Screamer from Stomptown, a madbean zeropint micro and a Small Angel Chorus i picked up in a trade.  The second box holds a Vero MXR headphone amp and an Amz Guitar Direct box. The headphone amp was spposed to be one from JMK but apparently I can't build easy circuits. That one still doesn't work. Anyhow enjoy!!

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

selfdestroyer

jubal81

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

ch1naski

if that is what you "settled" on building, i cant imagine what the original request was like.

that's a monster jimi. great job on all of them.

I get REALLY excited when a vero project works. :)
one louder.

jimilee

Quote from: ch1naski on October 05, 2013, 07:38:08 PM
if that is what you "settled" on building, i cant imagine what the original request was like.

that's a monster jimi. great job on all of them.

I get REALLY excited when a vero project works. :)
He wanted lots of modeling options and the headphone amp and direct box built in.
  This is the second vero I've been able to make work and the last successful one quit after a week. Third attempt overall.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

kothoma

Wow, this turned out most impressive! Not a bad idea to split it into two boxes.
So you discarded the cab sim idea? And I wonder why you chose this order of Tweed and Screamer?

jimilee

Quote from: kothoma on October 05, 2013, 11:47:57 PM
Wow, this turned out most impressive! Not a bad idea to split it into two boxes.
So you discarded the cab sim idea? And I wonder why you chose this order of Tweed and Screamer?
Yeah I decided to make it as simple as one could in a build like this and didn't choose the cab sim idea, this while build was a lot to digest and comprehend. I chose the order because the screamer board was smaller and easier to put next to the delay, originally the chorus was going to be a byoc chorus but that didn't work out. I myself don't really care for the  fender tweed sound for the most part but I am a bassist and I may just not get it.

jimilee

Gledison

If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?