News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Space Ritual

Started by juansolo, October 09, 2013, 03:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Space Ritual - A psychedelic, space rock, trip-in-a-box

I suppose I should start with what's in there. The first effect is an UltraStoner fuzz on Pickdropper's MiniMuffin PCB, that goes into a Madbean Zero Point Dual Delay, followed by a Madbean StageFright (Maestro phaser) and finally into a 1776 Effects Rub-a-Dub reverb.

All of these effects stand alone or will work with any or all of the others in order to create some great psychedelic soundscapes. It's almost like they were made for each other.

I reckon this might be the best effect I've ever built...

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

gingataff

Awesome.
I'm wondering why you put the phaser after the delay, to modulate the repeats or some other reason?

kothoma

Wow. Impressive build.

I too wonder about the order. Is this the secret of great psychedelic soundscapes? Any sound samples on the way?

alanp

Awesome. 2SC-whatever transistors on the Ultrastoner? Normal caps on the phaser? Been thinking about what to put in a multibox myself lately.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

juansolo

In answer to the questions.

I've got all these effects separately in one form or another and tried everything in just about every order until this was settled on as being the best sounding way around. Everything needed to be there and in the order they're in to get the effect. The phaser sounding better after the delay flummoxed us a little too!

Yep, they're 2SC1327s. We have a few and they're bloody brilliant for muffs. Though they need a leg twist (shown here) and they're different gains to those that we used on the minis. They were S (low gain) and U (high gain) rated ones. The ones we can get now are all T (mid gain). So we meter them all and have them in different batches for where they go.

The Stagefright is a completely standard build.

Yep, gonna try and get a demo of this one sorted so I can enter it into Oct's comp ;)

I was quite pleased to be able to board mount all the pots except the mids and reverb. Likewise all the builds are low-profile to allow for the fittage.

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Bret608

Total thumbs up on this combination, dude. I've always put phase after delay, by the way. Back in the 90s, I ran my green Russian into an old Boss DSD-2 delay and then into a vintage Bad Stone. I firmly believe modulation goes after delay for true psych sounds!  ;)

lincolnic

Ettore_M

Absolutely stunning! Love it.. Top job!  ;)

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

Vallhagen

Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

bcalla

Hell, who needs a pedal board if you've got one of these???  Fantastic!!!

gtr2

There should be a pedal death match between this and pickdropper's andromeda.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Mich P

pickdropper

This looks fantastic.  The wiring on the inside is brilliant.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

hoodoo

Epic build, can't wait for the sound sample too, all the best, Matt.

jimilee

Wow,that's really fantastic. I always run modulation after delay as well.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.