News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Stoner Fuzz (aion halo bmp pcb)

Started by ch1naski, October 11, 2013, 02:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ch1naski

So....my first ever venture into a fabbed, modded muff pcb. I previously etched a board that was designed solely for the pharoah, and enjoyed the huge-ness of the sound. So did my son. But financial problems arose and I had to sell it.

I told him I'd build him another, this time a creamy dreamer....until I heard the skreddy ?Lady and the ultra stoner.

So I grabbed juansolo's component comparison chart, bought a bmp (halo) pcb from aion, and built this for my son. Promised I wouldn't sell it....

I really like the sound of this....I think it covers creamy dreamer, and pharoah territory as well as standard muff. I will probably build one for myself.....

Guts....I don't think I'll ever master the art of symmetrical wire runs.....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

one louder.

hoodoo

Nice one mate, i keep hearing about these pharoahs, probably need to build one ;D  I wouldn't feel too bad about that wiring job either, looks pretty well spot on to me, all the best, Matt.

selfdestroyer

Looks great. Nothing beats a good sounding muff. Its my go to fuzz every time.

alanp

:o  :o  :o

Hiwatt called, they want to know how you escaped from their handwired amps room!

That wiring is amazing.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

lincolnic

Yeah, I don't know how you could complain about that wiring - it's beautiful.

wolfingsworth

With all of these pharaoh builds, I'm starting to get the itch to build one myself... I love everything about this build! The wiring is superb, the font, the brown knobs. Very choice!

angrykoko

That is awesome!
I love the look of the blue with your graphics and knobs.
I wish my guts were that tidy.

I got a little lost in your description, is this an ultra-stoner?
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

Cortexturizer

insanely good wiring man, your best!
whole pedal looks amazing
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

ch1naski

Thanks, fellas. I absolutely dread the wiring. I don't know why it's the hardest part for me.
@angrykoko yes, it's an ultra stoner.

@wolfingsworth I miss my pharoah. I will probably build another. I don't usually get to keep many pedals anymore for financial reasons, but the skrewdriver and the pharoah (and maybe another one of these) are a nice thing to have around. You know, for like when you feel like making the ground move beneath your feet. ;)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

one louder.