News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cupcake losing signal + message for Jacob !

Started by Boom, February 20, 2011, 08:14:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boom

Hi guys,

I´m having a little problem with the cupcake. Bypass is fine, but when engaged I have a hiss that responds to the level control, but no guitar signal at all. So I´m thinking the opamp is functioning as it should, but I´m losing the signal before it gets to the opamp.

Things I´ve checked already:

-Diode orientation is correct
-Electrolytic caps orientated correctly
-I started following the signal through the board, but haven´t got further than C2 (no more time)

I´ll try and find the time to trace the signal some more later today,but I´m pressed for time, because I´m packing for Vancouver !!

So, if you read this Jacob; I´ll be on your beautiful island tuesday. Sadly however, I don´t think I´ll manage to visit Chemainus. We´ll be on the Island for only 3 days before we fly back to Amsterdam again.... But if I do manage to squeeze it in , I will and will send you a pm or something.

In any case, this certainly will not be the last time we´ll be there since my wife has family over there. It might even become a montlhly occurrence next year if I get a new fleet assignment.

bluesaxe

Quote from: Boom on February 20, 2011, 08:14:07 AM
Hi guys,

I´m having a little problem with the cupcake. Bypass is fine, but when engaged I have a hiss that responds to the level control, but no guitar signal at all. So I´m thinking the opamp is functioning as it should, but I´m losing the signal before it gets to the opamp.

Things I´ve checked already:

-Diode orientation is correct
-Electrolytic caps orientated correctly
-I started following the signal through the board, but haven´t got further than C2 (no more time)

I´ll try and find the time to trace the signal some more later today,but I´m pressed for time, because I´m packing for Vancouver !!

So, if you read this Jacob; I´ll be on your beautiful island tuesday. Sadly however, I don´t think I´ll manage to visit Chemainus. We´ll be on the Island for only 3 days before we fly back to Amsterdam again.... But if I do manage to squeeze it in , I will and will send you a pm or something.

In any case, this certainly will not be the last time we´ll be there since my wife has family over there. It might even become a montlhly occurrence next year if I get a new fleet assignment.

Hey, man!
I just have a question for you. Did you resove your problrm with cupcake, i have excattly the same problem with my cupcake...  opamp wokst but there is no signal, ...led flashes. I inspected everything, and even change some caps but there is still same problem.  If you have any solution to this problem, please share with me.
Tnx.