News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Name Dropper

Started by derevaun, October 16, 2013, 09:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derevaun

I scored three sweet OC75s from badgerific in his holiday PIF, like nearly two years ago, and finally got them into a tonebender mkii board and boxed up. I did the layout in Eagle, starting from culturejam's layout (the image is no longer online), with board mounted vertical pots from Tayda. The enclosure is a B sized trapezoid (1590TRPB); I used a laser printable clear label and hastily sprayed on a few coats of clear acrylic. It sounds great to my ears--nice and smooth. I don't get a lot of range from the Attack pot (1K), but it cleans up nicely with the guitar's volume pot.

I mounted the board so that the signal flow is left-to-right, as are the jacks. I may regret that eventually, but I doubt it. In any case, the board can be mounted right-to-left (the knobs would be farther back that way).

The board layout is shared at OSH Park. A BOM is in the works. It measures 60mm/2.3" from the pots' outside edges when they're mounted. They need at least 23mm/.9" of vertical space when mounted inside a box.

I have a few extra boards, including some that are slightly longer (70mm/2.75"; same vertical). I'd be happy to trade for similarly small and simple boards!

selfdestroyer

Very cool, I just love the PCB layout and the curved traces. I may have to pick up a few on Osh Park sometime. Thanks for the share.

croquet hoop

jprizz

Nice one, very well done

Cortexturizer

https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

hoodoo

Nice mate, clean and classy, thanks again for the osh park sharing, should get mine any day now, all the best, Matt.

culturejam

Nice work!

I, too, love the curvy traces. I've done a few that make rounded angles around parts, but nothing that overtly curvy. Love it.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects