News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Schoon Toon trouble

Started by murdog47, October 18, 2013, 12:28:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

murdog47

Built a schoon toon into a BMP circuit. Verified the BMP worked prior to hooking up the schoon toon. Got everything all wired up and I get clean signal passed when the pedal is switched on and when off. When engaged the LED is working. When engaged, with the blend turned all the way down, the volume control works. Double checked all of my wiring and it ll looks good. Any ideas?

jubal81

That makes sense. With the clean signal down, you're getting sound from the Pi circuit - and its volume control. As you raise the clean, less of the BMP signal is getting to the output.

You can wire the pot backwards. THat way, turning the blend clockwise would seem to add distortion.

With it wired standard, as you turn it up it adds clean signal. With it all the way up, you have only clean signal (and changing settings on the BMP won't change anything).
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

jimilee

I keep on forgetting I have some of these. I need to put them in something.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

murdog47

There was no distortion, just clean signal with the volume control.Found my problem this morning with a pair of fresh eyes. The opamp has eight legs that need soldering. Soldering seven of them does not get the job done. It's up and running now  :)

jubal81

Glad you got it worked out. How do you like a blend on the BMP? Fuzz was something I didn't like too much with it.
I've been thinking lately I should sacrifice a box to make a dedicated blend-loop pedal.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

murdog47

I love it! I'll get some pictures posted shortly.