News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

DIY'ers Rule Again

Started by gtr2, October 19, 2013, 06:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtr2

Well I did walk in with a new strat the same day I fixed it...  ;)
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

snz728

I too recently did the same thing, fixed dryer motor, roof, pool filter, all for pedal money so far I got some $$ for matching jfets, next step: enclosures, possible 12 string or maybe tele.  Wish me luck. ;D

jimilee

Quote from: gtr2 on October 21, 2013, 01:39:57 AM
Well I did walk in with a new strat the same day I fixed it...  ;)
sweeeeet
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

PhiloB

That rocks!  Pedal building has boosted my DIY confidence as well.  I've been on a roll: used my DMM to determine a bad heating coil in my dryer and fixed, replaced thermocouple in the furnace (tonight in fact, heater now functioning), replaced the power steering switch on my wife's car, replaced the O2 sensor.  All within the past  month and a half!  I've never been a fixit man.  Never had the desire till now.

slacker775

My dishwasher was seemingly ready for a dirt nap earlier this year.  Went to Home Depot to look at a replacement and the guy there told me that I could probably fix what I had and sure enough he was right.  Got a new detergent dispenser panel thing for about $30, ran a few cycles with Lemishine (that crap is the bomb!) to clean out all the hard water build up and clean out all the sprayers and the dang thing works like brand new now.  I was out maybe $50 for the whole thing.