News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Faultline

Started by pandadandan, February 21, 2011, 11:36:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pandadandan

Haven't found a decent led bezel for it yet, so the led wiring is still unfinished.  I actually added the board resistor, but I'm too used to doing it with the switch I guess.

Anyway, here be the latest build.

nzCdog

Very tidy... is it just me or is that one HUGE cap on your main board?!  :)

pandadandan

Quote from: nzCdog on February 21, 2011, 12:05:43 PM
Very tidy... is it just me or is that one HUGE cap on your main board?!  :)

Yeah that's a huge 1uf film cap.  Sonically similar to the tropical fish; not as bright as the Panasonics.
Interestingly, it's only rated at 250v.  It looks like a 600v job at least.  It's f'in huge though.  25x50mm!

madbean

Greta wiring! But, what does the topside look like?

pandadandan

Quote from: madbean on February 21, 2011, 01:07:52 PM
Greta wiring! But, what does the topside look like?

The topside is pretty vanilla.  I've gotten into the idea of a stealth pedalboard as of late.  My "Mad Max" pedal phase has changed to a goth phase or something  ;D

You can see it on the right of the pedalboard with the cream Fender knobs.  To its left is the Kokbox, which is still entertaining me no end. 

By the way, the Faultline is perhaps my favourite ever overdrive.  The Serendipity build lasted on my board until I plugged in the Faultline for a test drive.  It's now been permanently retired.  :D

madbean

OMG, that is terrific! I love the understated vibe. It reminds me of Jack White's all copper pedalboard.

I'm trying to get mine done with all black, but etched faceplates eventually.

pandadandan

Quote from: madbean on February 21, 2011, 01:22:27 PM
OMG, that is terrific! I love the understated vibe. It reminds me of Jack White's all copper pedalboard.

I'm trying to get mine done with all black, but etched faceplates eventually.

Thanks!  Yeah I love your etched copper nameplates.  I was going to stamp nameplates for these again, but... laziness is a killer ;D 

Beerdog80

Should help you avoid radar detection. :) 

Good looking board!