News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

DuoVibe #2

Started by culturejam, October 23, 2013, 08:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

culturejam

I liked the first one so much, I thought I'd build a smaller one.  :D

This one has a switch in place of the previous Waveshape pot. So it's down to two pots, two switches. Overall footprint is a LOT smaller as well.

I've populated four boards for this circuit on two different PCBs and they all sound damn-near identical, regardless of LED type or LDR type. I've got A100K in there now for Speed, but it's too bunched up. I think C100K would be a lot better, but still it's quite usable.

If you want a board, they will be offered as part of the almost-totally-ready fundraiser sale for Function f(x). Should just be another week or so. Look for an announcement here on the forum.

I went with yet another alcohol ink look, and added some metal corners to give it a Victorian sort of steampunk-ish look. I also glued on some metal decorative gears to cover the glory holes. She's a mess inside, as I did some pretty heinous mis-drilling.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

pickdropper

I like the steampunk vibe.  Where did you get that LED bezel from?
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

lincolnic

This looks fantastic! What's it sound like?

culturejam

culturejam

lincolnic

Awesome. Now I'm looking forward to the Function F(x) launch even more...

Ettore_M

Lovely build! :)
I'll hear the demow as soon as I can.. And a vibe is always welcome, so I'll keep an eye on this..

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

LaceSensor

Isaiah

Sounds great!
Is that the final PCB layout?
Do you know if it will run on 12-18V?

culturejam

Quote from: Isaiah on October 24, 2013, 01:16:41 AM
Is that the final PCB layout?

The final has a few very minor layout adjustments, but it's 99.9% the same. So basically, yes.

Quote from: IsaiahDo you know if it will run on 12-18V?

I think it would be fine at 12v, but many op amps can fry at 18V. But more to the point, there's not really an advantage to running at a higher voltage. There is already ample clean headroom at +9v (no clipping whatsoever, even banging away on humbuckers).